Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Stupid things you've done to your 914!, What have you done that you wish you have not??
r_towle
post Jul 26 2016, 12:18 PM
Post #21

Custom Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

The key mistake was three guys. They could have made it with two.
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jul 25 2016, 11:16 AM) *

Not me or anyone I know...Believe it or not there is a limit to what a 914 can/cannot do. It cannot fly...

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
76-914
post Jul 26 2016, 05:25 PM
Post #22

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

Urethane bushings. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif)
+Quote Post
poorsche914
post Jul 26 2016, 05:56 PM
Post #23

T4 Supercharged

Member No.: 10,419
Region Association: South East States

Owned a Bumble Bee in the late '80s. Was in fairly decent condition but was not running. Living in Florida at the time and stuffed it in a storage unit along with a Lotus Europa TC Special. When I moved to Tennessee, had no way to move two non-op vehicles so ended up keeping the Lotus and, after stripping most of the parts, left the 914 at a junk yard (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

My current 914 is a Creamsicle I have brought back from the dead so I feel somewhat vindicated (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
Alphaogre
post Jul 26 2016, 05:58 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 14,487
Region Association: Southern California

I think this thread should be connected to the thread about how fast you have done in your 914 thread...haha They are usually connected to each other in application...
+Quote Post
Gunn1
post Jul 26 2016, 06:39 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 19,670
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Alphaogre @ Jul 26 2016, 06:58 PM) *

I think this thread should be connected to the thread about how fast you have done in your 914 thread...haha They are usually connected to each other in application...

I will buy that for a dollar!

+Quote Post
sixnotfour
post Jul 27 2016, 02:19 PM
Post #26

914 Wizard

Member No.: 2,744
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(mountainroads @ Jul 26 2016, 09:14 AM) *

Does totalling the car count? Full disclosure: 19 yo. Dark. Raining. Bald tires. Waaaay "over-served" at a party. 1970 914-6 meets light pole. Thankfully, nobody seriously hurt. 40 years ago when the cops would simply give you a speeding ticket and then drop you at your door. Redemption car nearing completion.

- MR

what color was it ??? I stripped a lot of parts off a six that was a tow yrd on 125th and hwy 99... had a groovy blue white 70s paint job..OG Irish Grn.. around 1979-80
pole hit pass. side Hard
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
mountainroads
post Jul 27 2016, 03:27 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 14,145
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jul 27 2016, 01:19 PM) *

QUOTE(mountainroads @ Jul 26 2016, 09:14 AM) *

Does totalling the car count? Full disclosure: 19 yo. Dark. Raining. Bald tires. Waaaay "over-served" at a party. 1970 914-6 meets light pole. Thankfully, nobody seriously hurt. 40 years ago when the cops would simply give you a speeding ticket and then drop you at your door. Redemption car nearing completion.

- MR

what color was it ??? I stripped a lot of parts off a six that was a tow yrd on 125th and hwy 99... had a groovy blue white 70s paint job..OG Irish Grn.. around 1979-80
pole hit pass. side Hard

That sure sounds like the same car. Lincoln Towing / Auto Wrecking, IIRC. Timing is correct too, as I wrecked in Nov 1979. Originally Irish Green. Repaint by prior owner to Metallic Blue. I'm pretty sure no white. Maybe that was primer you were seeing? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

My friend who took me to retrieve my personals has pics somewhere. He still kids me about it. Pass door was up against the shifter. Car looked more like a horseshoe. I was extremely lucky on several levels. Nobody else in car. I walked away.

The tranny guts later went into a 1968 911L that I was rebuilding the engine for and converting from Sportomatic. I'm hoping to check DMV someday for any records so VIN can get added to the dead list.

- MR
+Quote Post
sixnotfour
post Jul 28 2016, 02:00 PM
Post #28

914 Wizard

Member No.: 2,744
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I have the trunk VIN tag some where

I got steering column, rear trans mounts, front wiring harness, wiper motor , went back to get more and it was gone to the scrap yard..
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
dcheek
post Jul 28 2016, 04:22 PM
Post #29

Member No.: 6,103

Installed Koni shocks - too stiff on the softest setting. Put the Boges back on.

Drained oil, got a phone call, filled with new oil and forgot to put the plug back in. Oil all over my brand new driveway!!!!!!

Took 2 cars to a Porsche event. I drove the 911, the wife drove the 914. Big mistake. She would have done much better shifting the G50 trans in the 911. I can still hear the gears grinding!

Never asking for the window sticker when i purchase my car.

Dave
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:06 AM