Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Newbie Question 2: Weber Carburetors
amfab
post Jul 28 2016, 02:24 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,004
Region Association: None

I just bought a 74 2.0. Previous owner says previous owner rebuilt it out to 2.1 a few years ago but there is no documentation. Regardless, it IS a GA with 3 bolt intakes so I will assume at least 42mm intake valves.

It came with dual Weber 36idfs with 32 venturis.

The motor seems a bit anemic at the higher RPM. To me—quite an amateur at this kind of stuff—it kind of makes sense because the throttle bodies seem a bit small for the motor (it seems that a lot of the type 1 guys use 36idfs on sub-2 litre motors).
I just had the car tuned up and it runs very nicely, but not a lot of power and it flattens out fast above 4kRPM

I considered megasquirt, but because I have linkage and manifolds I was thinking going the easier and cheaper route of 40 or 44 idfs.

After doing a bit of research, my thoughts are either 40idfs with 34 venturis or 44idfs with 36 venturis. Just a little more oomph will be able to carry me until I eventually do a six conversion in a couple years. Are 44idfs too much carb for the 2.0 (or possible 2.1)?

Unfortunately, there is no documentation on the cam either. I (and my mechanic) are thinking its stock or close to it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

-Andrew
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 09:18 PM