Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Falken Azenis tire pressures for AX
Racer
post Aug 11 2016, 06:07 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,073
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

So.. I found one of the few sporty tires for 14" rims for my 914. Falken Azenis RT615-Ks. 195-60-14.

So far, I really like them. However, I can't seem to tell a good pressure for them at AX. First even started at 35 cold all around.. felt ok, and kept bleeding down to 35 as they heated up. Car felt good, but did feel as they heated up I was losing grip, hence the bleed downs during the day

Second event, didn't check cold (slow brain) but bleed them down, hot to 32ish. Couldn't really tell if they were better or worse than 35 hot...

My previous 914 and R comp experience was 205-50-15s (smaller sidewall) of Yoke A008, A032rs, Kumho Victoracers, RA-1s. For those, I never ran more than 30hot.

What could be skewing my memory/preferences is the last 3-4 years I ran a stock 1987 944, 215-60-15s Fuzion xxxx's and they really felt good at 35 hot all around.

Thoughts? Should I be closer to 30 hot with these too? Perhaps I fear too much sidewall flex for the 60 series tire...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 06:35 AM