Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT Darwin winner for 05
ArtechnikA
post Apr 15 2005, 01:11 PM
Post #21

rich herzog

Group: Members
Member No.: 513
Region Association: None

QUOTE ("Z" @ Apr 15 2005, 01:47 PM)
I use blue tips aka HydraShocks....

sorta. HydraShok is a conventional hollowpoint with a center post. forgot who makes those. Federal, maybe...

the big names in frangible ammo are Glaser, who make the blue and silver-tipped "Glaser Safety Slug" and MagSafe. i have run GSS through the SIG to verify functionality - i oughtta get a batch of those for the Glock now that it's summer. in my part of the world we need to be aware of the "winter load" and the "summer load" because there's a good chance a frangible load will simply expand in the leather coat...

neither the blue nor silver Glaser will cycle in a Desert Eagle.
but i have a Marlin lever-action carbine in .44 Magnum that will happily gobble up all the stuff the Eagle can't. i used to stack the tubular magazine in the Marlin for escalation. blue, then silver Glasers, then StarFire, then 240gr truncated cone hunting loads. i always figured the Glasers would be the ammo of choice in case i had to deal with a coyote in the yard making trouble, but none ever did.

frangible ammo is a VERY good idea in an urban or confined environment... (ask any sky marshall...)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Apr 15 2005, 01:15 PM
Post #22

Retired admin, banned a few times

Member No.: 5

Yeah...I agree...that's why it's in my Smith .357.....figure that if THAT don't knock him down...nothing will....wheel guns are better late at night if ya wake up fuzzy.....no safety to worry about or the need to jack in a round on an automatic.
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Apr 15 2005, 02:56 PM
Post #23

Retired admin, banned a few times

Member No.: 5

Lends new meaning to "smashing pumpkins"....what an idjut...only thing better if was muh idjut 914 buyer....
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post Apr 15 2005, 04:10 PM
Post #24

rich herzog

Member No.: 513

QUOTE ("Z" @ Apr 15 2005, 02:15 PM)
....no safety to worry about or the need to jack in a round on an automatic.

well - in that respect, my double-action SIGs and Mr Glock are just like a wheelgun - always ready to go. but i don't have kids in the house, so i recognise your environment is completely different.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 04:45 AM