Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> They ARE out there!
Bulldog9
post Aug 27 2016, 04:06 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,283
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Watching "Chasing Classic Cars" and this muldoon just stumbled on a 1955 Porsche 356 Continental..... Original car, sales slip in glovebox, original spare........... Good Lord.... Also in this garage is a 1953 356 that was kind of ratty, but man that 57..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
GaroldShaffer
post Aug 27 2016, 10:09 PM
Post #2

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865
Region Association: None

Bought a 66 912 ago 9 yrs ago, same story. Guy was 2nd owner, bought it in 68 or 69 drove it for about 10yrs then life got in the way (wife, kids, .....).

My FIL was out to breakfast one Saturday and was wearing a 914 hat I gave him. Owner of 912 ask if he had a 914 and they got talking about cars, my sickness for anything Porsche. Guy said he was ready to sell the 912. Kids & grandkids didn't want it, hadn't ran in 25+yrs. FIL called me and we went to look at it. Took us about 2hrs to remove all the stuff stored around it. It was very complete with tool kit, original spare, paperwork, dull original green paint....... I was able to turn the engine by hand (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) Made him what I felt was a fair offer at the time and it was mine.

I should have kept it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif) but a few weeks after I brought it home a friend of a friend made me a cash offer I couldn't refuse and well I sold it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

They are out there. I know of a few other lost early Porsche cars in my area, but owners are not ready to sell.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 02:19 AM