Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Left Rear 1/4 Panel New, Where to buy and how much
roundboy914
post Apr 15 2005, 02:39 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,251

I need a new driver's side rear 1/4 panel. I got a price for a NOS one, and just about coughed up a kidney. I would like to know a little more about this item before pulling the trigger. Who has these for sale, and how much should they run?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TonyAKAVW
post Apr 15 2005, 02:50 PM
Post #2

That's my ride.

Member No.: 166
Region Association: None

I was in need of the same thing. I didn't need the entire panel because the section that was damaged was towards the back, but I still wanted to just replace the whole darn thing. There was an ad on the classifieds section here for a free set of fenders so I went and picked them up. Basically they were 1/4 chunks of a 914. After looking at how much metal removal I had to do I decided to just cut off the back part that I needed and live with having to weld two pieces together. Still it was a lot of metal removal work. Took a few hours of work with a reciprocating saw and later a plasma cutter and then a drill for the spot welds.

So if you don't want to spend a fortune on a NOS panel, you'll probably have to do what I did and remove them from a car or chunk of a car that has it intact. I figure you should be able to get the pieces for cheap, certainly orders of magnitude cheaper than NOS.

-Tony
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Apr 15 2005, 02:59 PM
Post #3

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

you might want to search for the thread about someone selling these on Pelican and on eBay...I "thought" he wanted $1200 each which seems about right for an NOS part like that.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 02:06 PM