Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> D jet troubleshooting question, determining a probable wiring fault.
Lowsquire
post Sep 11 2016, 07:09 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,926
Region Association: Southwest Region

Hi all you D-jet Gurus out there..

Heres the problem I have ,hope you can help.

73 1.7 stock car.
Hasnt run in many years I assume , I Bought it with everything removed and off the top of the motor. all the parts looked cleaned and (maybe?) checked or reconditioned. they may have just been wiped clean and put in bags? who knows?
Ive just got the whole thing back together and ready to start.lt Cranks over, fuel pressure, good spark..would almost catch , but not quite fire.
Through checking spark plugs and swapping injector plugs around, worked out I was only getting fuel out of one injector.
Confirmed this by pulling injectors, then operating throttle with ignition on, which allows the enrichment circuit to fire the injector, and you hear a series of clicks from injector.
Only one out of the four injector plugs seem to make the injector click.when i swapped the plug onto another injector that clicked fine and sprayed fuel,indicating injectors are fine.
SO next i checked and cleaned injector wire ground points and checked continuity to ground to the wires, and they all behaved the same, seemingly fine.
so where im at is working out if its possible that the computer is fritzed and only firing the one injector, or if its a fault in the loom.

I guess my question is.. does the signal to fire the injectors come out of the brain as four seperate wires, or two then split to the two banks, or a single terminal and split in the loom somewhere? a diagram of the connector pins would be a great start.. I guess stripping the loom out is next and checking for any breaks/poor connections.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Lowsquire   D jet troubleshooting question   Sep 11 2016, 07:09 PM
BeatNavy   You're saying you only get one injector plug t...   Sep 11 2016, 07:40 PM
Lowsquire   Thanks beatnavy, yes Im positive only one injecto...   Sep 11 2016, 08:46 PM
914_teener   Thanks beatnavy, yes Im positive only one inject...   Sep 11 2016, 09:04 PM
JamesM   Thanks beatnavy, yes Im positive only one inject...   Sep 11 2016, 09:04 PM
Lowsquire   Thanks this is all great stuff! to clarify, t...   Sep 11 2016, 09:43 PM
pbanders   Thanks this is all great stuff! to clarify, ...   Sep 11 2016, 10:51 PM
BeatNavy   If all your injectors work when tested on your on...   Sep 12 2016, 03:46 AM
pbanders   If all your injectors work when tested on your o...   Sep 12 2016, 03:25 PM
The Cabinetmaker   How about some high resolution pics of your engine...   Sep 12 2016, 06:30 AM
Lowsquire   Thanks for all this, yup I'll read that site a...   Sep 12 2016, 10:07 AM
Philip W.   Thanks for all this, yup I'll read that site ...   Sep 12 2016, 11:05 AM
The Cabinetmaker   Someone has to say it :ttiwwp:   Sep 12 2016, 10:22 AM
mark04usa   :wttc: I'm in Austin, also have a D-Jet 1.7, a...   Sep 12 2016, 11:26 AM
The Cabinetmaker   :hide: :popcorn:   Sep 12 2016, 01:44 PM
Dave_Darling   Pull the wiring harness off of the car to test it ...   Sep 12 2016, 08:11 PM
Lowsquire   Okay I'm back and had a chance to spend all da...   Sep 27 2016, 04:58 PM
BeatNavy   Okay I'm back and had a chance to spend all d...   Sep 27 2016, 05:11 PM
pbanders   Looks good, very good work at getting it going. Ju...   Sep 27 2016, 11:34 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 09:17 AM