Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914-6 headers and heat exchangers questions
mb911
post Sep 13 2016, 02:04 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,892
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Most of you know that I am in the process of building 1.625 primary heat exchangers for the 914-6 market.. Danny so kindly has lent me a pair of factory heat exchangers to use as a pattern.. The issue is that the heat exchangers when sitting flat as if they were mounted on and engine the exit flange is off of perpendicular square(word) by about 3/16" .. Both of them are.. So a better explanation would be if you are looking at that back of the car with the muffler off the muffler flange bolt holes do not look square across the back of the car..

We have been discussing this for a few weeks. It should be square imho and some ssis I just installed on a customer's car today do as well..

So the question is what is the general consensus? Either way is easy but square and level makes the most sense to me as all 911 mufflers are built that way..
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 12:11 AM