Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914-6 Wiring Harness Diagram, What is the simplest way to wire up a 6 in the place of a 4
forrestkhaag
post Sep 15 2016, 05:02 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,273
Region Association: Southwest Region

It is time to consider the wiring changes necessary to light up a 3.0 6 verses my downtrodden lowly 2.2L 4.

The 911 wiring harness that came with the motor (core) has a host of useless attachments for the FI from the original 911 application.

To further complicate matters, the character that removed the (core) engine from the donor 911 used a big pair of dykes to snip the wires leaving the alternator / in one fell swoop! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)

Anyway,.... I have what is left of the harness to establish wire gauge but my questions revolve around the best way to rewire my new build to the existing wiring in my 71 and how much of the old wiring can i reuse in the conversion......

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 11:33 PM