Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Engine rebuild, almost back togeather
Hammer920
post Apr 17 2005, 10:24 AM
Post #1

It's a Learning Experience

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,989

Progress....., well the block, cam gear ,and crank, are all in will turn freely, pistons and cylenders, back on, rebuilt heads back on, new oil pump back on, will put the lifters in today but, I have to wait till I get all my tin and intake runners back from the powder coater's before treaking on. Oil cooler cleaned up an tested good.
Any one know where i can order a plate to add oil temp sencer for center console that will be added to the car?
By the way Thanks for the video Jake it helped a bunch and Tom Wilsons book was also very helpful.
I hope to be running in the teener by the end of May.
Next the body work and paint. NO BONDO PERIOD. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)
Thanks
Hammer
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 1)
ThinAir
post Apr 17 2005, 03:06 PM
Post #2

Best friends

Group: Members
Member No.: 231
Region Association: Southwest Region

Congrats! I'm expecting my barrel spacer shims to arrive tomorrow and then I can get the pistons, cylinders & heads on. Yesterday the sheet metal got painted so it will look pretty once it's together. I'm getting very anxious to get it back on the road. When I see other's progress it reminds me that I actually will get it done - eventually!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 05:33 AM