Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Key / lock numbers
JFG
post Sep 25 2016, 07:26 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,869
Region Association: None

I stripped both door locks today to try to find a number so that I can give it to the locksmith and get my keys cut. Neither lock had a number except for the handle part number and the biscuits? had a digit on each.

Does anyone know if there even is a number to work with? If I gave my chassis number to Porsche dealer will they be able to help from there? Or is my only option to give the locks to the locksmith and get them to figure out the proper key pattern?

Just to advise my car came as a rolling shell after having stood since 1995 and the owner had long lost the keys.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bandjoey
post Sep 25 2016, 07:47 AM
Post #2

bandjoey

Member No.: 8,156
Region Association: Southwest Region

The only place I've seen a number is written in the back of the owners manual

If you want a new key a good locksmith can visually read your key and cut a new one. However ... If the lock wafers are badly worn they also need to be replaced.

Any good locksmith can also cut a new key with the lock. Take the trunk lock in with the door lock. It had less use and chances are it'll be more accurate.
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Sep 25 2016, 09:50 AM
Post #3

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

If you have lock issues, look up TWEET here or on Pelican. He is a lock expert and can not only make you new keys, but he can rebuild your locks and make them like new.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showuser=15579
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:04 AM