Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V « < 13 14 15  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The 914 conversion, 3.3 Ltr suby upgrade
914forme
post Jan 12 2018, 10:01 PM
Post #281

Times a wastin', get wrenchin'!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,388

Rent a portapower, and you can push it back into place.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JRust
post Jan 14 2018, 10:12 PM
Post #282

914 Guru

Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(flmont @ Jan 12 2018, 07:04 PM) *

Jrust,...page 12 post # 233 shows me pulling these 2 ears together, with a threaded rod because I installed the cradle ears at the bottom of the tranny ears then I belive U said nope they go on the top of the tranny ears So in doing that everything fit,..

Now I must spread the cradle ears to fit the tranny ears, which I shall be doing this weekend...FM

Sorry thats what i get for not keeping up on the posts. Sorry bud. Sound like you are getting there though. Wouldn't be a conversion without a few wrong turns. Screwed up plenty of things on my car.. Hell I installed my 944 turbo calipers on my front struts upside down & backwards(right side on left upside down & vice versa). Still worked but Eric at PMB had a good laugh at my expense on that one (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) . Sometimes we just have to laugh at ourselves (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post
hockeymutt
post Jan 15 2018, 05:59 PM
Post #283

Member No.: 9,388
Region Association: None

Been following this build, small car makes header that should work for your set up and I would def ditch the 901. I was on the fence like you were. But after all the research it just seems like the most practical trans for the job.
+Quote Post

15 Pages V « < 13 14 15
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th January 2018 - 12:53 PM