Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Practical console change, Built armrest console, changed out vinyl top
oakdalecurtis
post Sep 25 2016, 10:11 PM
Post #1

Oakdalecurtis

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,802
Region Association: Central California

Years ago,I built this raised center console to support my right arm while driving. I had covered the whole console in black vinyl, but every time I drove in the sunlight, my right arm got hot and sweaty while resting on the black vinyl lid. A seamstress friend offered to replace the black vinyl on top and sew a black quilted cloth top for it. The new top came out very nice, and even though it's still black, the cloth on top doesn't heat up like the old vinyl top did in the sunlight. The curved bar on the front of the box is a cupholder, works great! The console is easy to build if you have a minimum of woodworking skills, but you will have to get seatbelt extenders to reach the belt latches next to the console.
Attached Image
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
oakdalecurtis   Practical console change   Sep 25 2016, 10:11 PM
bandjoey   Nice :beer1:   Sep 25 2016, 10:44 PM
whitetwinturbo   :wub: :wub: :wub:   Sep 26 2016, 10:48 AM
barefoot   Think I'll build a riser/ storage box to fit m...   Sep 26 2016, 02:05 PM
oakdalecurtis   Think I'll build a riser/ storage box to fit ...   Sep 26 2016, 04:13 PM
Andyrew   Looks good! Looks Comfy!!   Sep 26 2016, 04:41 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 05:26 PM