Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V « < 9 10 11  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914-6 heat exchanger group buy 1-5/8 updates and list
mb911
post Dec 4 2017, 06:46 PM
Post #201

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,892
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Here is a shot today with a set of 1.5" on my 2.4 and our new muffler. Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
914dave
post Dec 5 2017, 02:48 PM
Post #202

914 Addict

Member No.: 1,262
Region Association: North East States

Very sexy!!
+Quote Post
mb911
post Apr 8 2018, 07:42 AM
Post #203

914 Guru

Updates

There seems to be some of the same questions that pop up when people go to install these.
1st is what type of nuts should be used for installation? You should use the same setup as a 911 with barrel nuts in the locations with the pass through holes. The attached photo shows what they are.

Next what oil lines should you use? Typically stock setup is very efficient but a stock -6 cooler has a bracket that can interfere with the heat exchanger so note that. Eric from Pmb is the only one to my knowledge that has run into this but should be noted.

Price wise currently they are $1950 for 914world folks. I can hold that price for sure for the next 4 sets but after my current stainless inventory is used up then we will be affected by the current steel price surge.. This is for both for 1.5" and 1.625 ..

Attached ImageAttached Image
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Apr 8 2018, 07:49 AM
Post #204

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Works of art for sure. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
mb911
post Aug 26 2018, 03:35 PM
Post #205

914 Guru

After a 3 years of making these very high quality heat exchangers I have to make a decision. We recently did time studys on these and discovered that they just aren't worth making with the current cost of materials and the labor required to build them. I have approximately 5 set's left worth of parts and will honor the 2200 retail on them until those are gone and also the world members discount. After that the price will jump to 27-2800 retail(yet to be determined).. I will look into developing a cheaper version for those still looking for a header with heat but it will not look anything like these or the stock for that matter.

Thank you for all of your support on these over the year's and hope to continue to build them but I wanted to be up front so no surprises.
+Quote Post
worn
post Aug 26 2018, 06:10 PM
Post #206

can't remember

Member No.: 13,152

QUOTE(mb911 @ Aug 26 2018, 02:35 PM) *

After a 3 years of making these very high quality heat exchangers I have to make a decision. We recently did time studys on these and discovered that they just aren't worth making with the current cost of materials and the labor required to build them. I have approximately 5 set's left worth of parts and will honor the 2200 retail on them until those are gone and also the world members discount. After that the price will jump to 27-2800 retail(yet to be determined).. I will look into developing a cheaper version for those still looking for a header with heat but it will not look anything like these or the stock for that matter.

Thank you for all of your support on these over the year's and hope to continue to build them but I wanted to be up front so no surprises.

Well...durn it all. Thanks for making them what we could afford. I prolly waited too long. Good to have you on the side of righteousness and 914eeneeing.
+Quote Post
mb911
post Aug 26 2018, 06:18 PM
Post #207

914 Guru

QUOTE(worn @ Aug 26 2018, 04:10 PM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ Aug 26 2018, 02:35 PM) *

Well...durn it all. Thanks for making them what we could afford. I prolly waited too long. Good to have you on the side of righteousness and 914eeneeing.

I will still make them in the future but they just have to get more expensive..

I still have the 5 or so sets that I will honor pricing.
+Quote Post
mb911
post Nov 14 2018, 07:00 AM
Post #208

914 Guru

Prices are going up Jan 1 so get in while you can.. I realized I have more parts then I thought so the more the merrier.. 1950 until the end of the year..
+Quote Post
mb911
post Dec 14 2018, 03:50 PM
Post #209

914 Guru

Time is running out.. Gonna take a Big jump in price shortly.. Will take payment plans for those interested..
+Quote Post

11 Pages V « < 9 10 11
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 12:29 PM