Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fark! Fuel pump issue is back..., And no time to mess around b4 WCC
campbellcj
post Apr 17 2005, 08:54 PM
Post #1

I can't Re Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 21
Region Association: Southern California

I finally fired up the 914 today and got the Webers at least adjusted to where the car is drivable again.

However, the fuel pump cutting-out problem I thought I had found previously came back again. I thought previously that it was electrical but after swapping pumps and going thru the wiring a couple times, I don't think that's it. I suspect the pump motor may be overheating and shutting down (on a protection circuit?)

It's a Holley Red pump with a Holley regulator set at 3.5psi. I haven't checked the fuel filters yet but one theory is maybe one of them is seriously clogged and the pump is working way too hard? Other theory, which would be a PITA is the car doesn't have a return line currently. Maybe that was a mistake? I know a lot of guys run carbs w/o a return and in fact the /4 with 44IDF's previously did not have a return, so I didn't add one in going to the /6.

I'm not sure what else to check but it's frustrating as hell. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/confused24.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 11:43 AM