Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> LED's vs Incandescent Lighting, Some data and discussion
pbanders
post Oct 26 2016, 09:04 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 805

QUOTE(brownaar @ Oct 26 2016, 05:37 PM) *

Brad,
Did you have any issues with the LED bulbs? I replaced my marker, turn, brake, and back-up lights with the appropriate LED bulbs and my lights do weird things. The driver's brake light flashes with the driver's turn signal. One front side marker flashes with the turn signal but the other one doesn't flash with it's corresponding turn signal. I did install the load resistors on the rear turn signal circuits. Everything works normally when I put the regular bulbs back in. Just curious if you had a similar experience.
Thanks,
Aaron

No, essentially zero problems. I had one bulb in the right rear taillight that had some contact issues due to the classic "melted socket" problem, I shimmed it with some brass stock and it was fine. Did you order CAN bulbs instead of "normal" bulbs? CAN bulbs (car area network) are for later cars that use a common buss and an addressing protocol to turn them on and off, and detect bad bulbs. No idea of what would happen if you used them in a 45-year-old car (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif).
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Oct 27 2016, 04:04 PM
Post #22

Apex killer!

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

Classic... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 01:56 PM