Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> '74 Sale Price Suggestion
orbit398
post Sep 28 2016, 09:06 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,681
Region Association: Southwest Region

Thought I'd ask you folks as you are the most knowledgeable on the cars. I have a restored 1974 model with a 2.0. I am wondering what I should ask for it as I need to sell it. Prices seem all over the place. Hagerty values it at $23,700 - "Excellent" as the condition for the car. Pics attached, looking for opinions.

Car runs and drives great, no engine/tranny leaks.

thanks

Few more details: car originally had AC (components removed, except inside blower, still have the old stuff), dual weber 44's, carb cam, flat top pistons (like European car), new shocks, tires, ball joints etc.......

Attached File(s)
Attached File  1974_914.pdf ( 3.7mb ) Number of downloads: 194
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Tom_T
post Sep 29 2016, 05:36 PM
Post #2

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

Also, try to find a local PCA Concours judge who hopefully knows 914s, to give you an opinion on it's level of condition, because there truly are very few "Excellent" level cars of any type out there (top 1-3%)

No offense - but the biggest mistake made - especially with sites like Hagerty & KBB who use those rating levels for condition - is folks thinking everything is excellent condition - whereas if you really read the definitions of the various levels on each site, you quickly realize that for the Hagerty "Excellent" & KBB's "1" level - they're really talking about a recently restored & pristine, non-driven garage queen Concours show car with absolutely nothing wrong or needed.

They're not talking about what we would commonly call an excellent or very nice DD level car - those will be in the KBB 2-4 or the mid-level Hagerty ratings.

I agree with the others too, that a carb converted 914 will also never qualify as their "1" or "Excellent" rating, period - it's just outside the definition, & the resto-mod look of the steering wheel, wheels (real or repro Mahles??), etc. are all things taking it away from the 1/Excellent level.

However, it always in the end comes down to what a willing seller & buyer agree upon for each car!

If you're third party objective with the help of a judge or CW restorer, & with your own strict reading of their definitions, the Hagerty value curve will be your best guide. I can't tell from your pix enough to give you a value, but I think it would end up in the $-teens, but where is the question, based on what I & others have said.

GLWTS! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
dlkawashima
post Sep 29 2016, 09:58 PM
Post #3

914 Guru

Member No.: 12,234
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Sep 29 2016, 04:36 PM) *

No offense - but the biggest mistake made - especially with sites like Hagerty & KBB who use those rating levels for condition - is folks thinking everything is excellent condition ...

QUOTE(bfrymire @ Sep 29 2016, 06:49 PM) *

Good, is where most cars fall.

Attached Image
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 10:50 AM