Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ron Meier 914 Porsche Swap meet, Formally known as The G & R Swap meet.
second wind
post Oct 23 2016, 09:11 PM
Post #81

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,543
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(altitude411 @ Oct 23 2016, 07:36 PM) *

So... is it time to make those unable to attend (me) jealous/pissed off with all the cool stuff you lucky bastards scored at the swap? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Lets see it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

Thank you Bruce for yet another beautiful and fun filled 914 swap meet! the food was fabulous as has been in the past, I found a great deal on a couple of parts, and really fun as always to make new friends with other 914 crazy fanatics. Please pardon the redundancy. Names are tough but super nice guy with a 2.8 six that was drop dead georegous....and fast i understand....and an eggplant 4 owned by Gene who was my clone on everything.....hours and money spent....trying to hit perfection (impossible)....and having five of everything but need one more...good to see oldtimers Bob and Glenn and Robert and Mark and Jason and many others....and Bruce's family with grandkids all over was a high point for me. Funny how I am not a day older but Bruce has grandkids four feet tall....and looking for their "cut" on every sale... bought three oil filters for $5 so changed my oil this afternoon... all good and the drive both ways...almost 200 miles...worth the effort. Can't wait for the next one! Thank you again Bruce and of course we missed Ron the entire time. Please keep it going as I need a few more items.
Greg
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
effutuo101
post Oct 23 2016, 09:32 PM
Post #82

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,914

Very cool! Met some neat people.
The quote of the day goes to the 8-9 year old boy to his sister on riding a skateboard "Let me show you how the Pro's do it". I chuckled all the way home
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Oct 23 2016, 11:05 PM
Post #83

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,489

So... is it time to make those unable to attend (me) jealous/pissed off with all the cool stuff you lucky bastards scored at the swap? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Couple of pics. Started with some weird tropical type sprinkles....so rain in So Cal is good what ever type it is.

One pic is of Larwrence's rig... still has some nice parts from his 2.0 liter stuff.

Only pics I have as I had quite the list to do at home still. Couple of nice sixes and some old friends I have not seen in a while.

Ron came to mind several times. It has been more than 10 years since I've started coming to these things.......met a lot of nice folks along the way. Memories.

Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post
7TPorsh
post Oct 24 2016, 10:35 AM
Post #84

7T Porsh

Member No.: 5,782

No pics but:

- Glove box box
- Pair of under dash air vent covers
- Rear Trunk Weld Support
- Right Defroster Vent

- and missed out on a pair of $10 air deflectors by 5 seconds.....

Total spend......wait for it....... $25 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Thanks Bruce!
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Oct 24 2016, 01:05 PM
Post #85

bdstone914

Member No.: 1,319

Thanks to all who attended. I would like to expand the swap meet to include air cooled 911 which are such such great parts donor cars.
Also considering another meet in January 2017. Knowing weather can be an issue I would choose two weekend days and if the weather looks bad bump it to the next weekend.
Third change is to have a food truck from 8-12. The taco deal is liked buy I have a flat fee regardless of how many people eat and have fallen far short of covering costs.
Any feed back is welcome unless you don't agree with me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

A note of thanks to the great crowd who attends. I have never had a problem with cleaning us afterwards and never have any parts that disappeared.

It was great to see Peter get out to the swap meet and his progress in battling the health issued he faces. Seeing the smile on his face made my day.

Bruce
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Oct 24 2016, 10:32 PM
Post #86

bdstone914

Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Oct 23 2016, 08:32 PM) *

Very cool! Met some neat people.
The quote of the day goes to the 8-9 year old boy to his sister on riding a skateboard "Let me show you how the Pro's do it". I chuckled all the way home

That was Matty my grandson. He and his sister love the swap meets. His 4 year old sister scares me everytime she gets on a skateboard. No fear at all there.

Bruce
+Quote Post
effutuo101
post Oct 25 2016, 07:01 PM
Post #87

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,914

Classic!
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 11:25 AM