Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> did I overheat tires?, rubber migration on A7
mskala
post Oct 28 2016, 01:04 PM
Post #21

R

Group: Members
Member No.: 79
Region Association: None

I appreciate all the suggestions.

I'm not doing anything but the local PCA autocrosses, and I don't need to go chucking
my tires after 30 runs after the 'best' grip is used. On the A6 I was using those for
about 10 or 11 events.

Some of the time we do 5 to 7 runs per session (half day) rather than 4. Back in
the day when I was using the Kumho, it took 3 runs before they were up to best
temp for grip, so I had only 1 shot at having a good run before having to wait 3 hours
again. On the A6 or A7 it seemed pretty good after 1 run of warming them up.
But unless my alignment is suddenly off or something, the A7 grip is worse after 4th
run.

Since I'm only in it for fun, and I mostly have to compete against myself, I'd be much
happier with a slower tire that doesn't fall off, than a faster tire that might be designed
for 3 runs before needing cooling.

At least with my streetable suspension settings, I never let the car wag too much
(and our courses are designed fast, usually over 60mph in a couple spots), it's not
easy to avoid spins. And I dislike the water sprayer thing. On tires that heat-
cycle out before the tread is gone, why do I want 8 mini-heat-cycles per day instead of 2?

User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:37 PM