Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sold, 74 914
VW/Porsche
post Oct 21 2016, 12:24 PM
Post #1

I'm new here ...

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,513
Region Association: None

1974 914, all Ariizona car, always garaged, 99% rust free.
I bought this three years ago from the second owner, he had owned it since 76 and was a friend of the original owner. The guy I bought it from loved this car and converted it to a 305 Chevy V8 in 1981. He was an aerospace engineer, his mechanic did most of the work, they used Kennedy Engineering parts. The car has the original AC.

I found the car on Craig's List in Phx, the clutch had gone out in the mid 90's and as a result it had been sitting in his garage for 18 years. He had a six car garage and had other other classic cars so this one had just been left in the corner.

I purchased it and pulled the power train, went thru the engine, installed a new Kennedy Engineering clutch, replaced all belts, hoses and pumps. Cleaned the car up, upgraded brakes, wheels and tires. I've been enjoying it ever since then.

This is a super head turning ride, it's just a nice car to own and drive. I've been chased down, followed home and ever time I take it out people want to take pictures of it. People just go crazy for it! I will miss that and the power to weight ratio very much. I'm selling because I have inherited another car and it's more suited for my teenage driver so one has to go.

So it's not exactly a survivor because of the engine conversion but it's in survivor condition and has low miles. To me The V8 in the engine bay looks and feels like it was made for the car. The fender flares are fiberglass, the Fuches ore 7x15 upfront and 9x15 on rear, they Repops but are hard to find in these sizes.

I'm asking $11,900 and I think that represents a lot of car for the money.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
MikeInMunich
post Oct 21 2016, 01:31 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 16,674

Where are the photos? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif)
+Quote Post
texas2016
post Oct 27 2016, 08:04 PM
Post #3

I'm new here ...

Member No.: 20,537

Is the car still for sale. I am interested in purchasing it can you contact me. 2102463580
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:57 PM