Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Trouble with brake bleeding, I can't get any pressure in the system
mobymutt
post Oct 23 2016, 04:29 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,770
Region Association: Canada

QUOTE(JPA914 @ Oct 23 2016, 06:13 PM) *

If your bleed nipples are at the bottom of your calipers, that is at least a major part of your problem...period.

Air bubbles rise in a liquid (brake fluid) so you'll never get them out if you don't have a high point in the system from which to purge them.

I agree. Your fronts will still be almost full of air.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lozgib
post Oct 28 2016, 05:49 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 20,236
Region Association: None

Well guys thanks for all the replies and advice. It WAS the two front brake callipers on the wrong side i.e. bleed nipples on the bottom not top. I've now got some brake pressure and although a bit spongy I now know I will get them sorted.
So thanks for pointing out re swapping the fronts to resolve main issue. I won't make that mistake again!
+Quote Post
Olympic 914
post Oct 28 2016, 07:12 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 13,287
Region Association: North East States

I may get some abuse for this, but a way I have found to bleed the brakes with one person is to use the bleeder adapters from my Mity-Vac kit and the bottle that goes with it and instead of constantly pumping the Mity-Vac. I just hook it up to a shop vac. ( with a small hose adapter for detail work) unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of this Rube Goldberg contraption but it always keeps vacuum on the system. then I sit in the car and slowly pump the brakes. the vacuum keeps any air from getting back into the system, and pulls some fluid even when not pumping the brakes. be sure to check your master cylinder frequently as it can go down quickly.

Works for me.
+Quote Post
N_Jay
post Oct 28 2016, 07:32 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 19,720
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Lozgib @ Oct 23 2016, 02:57 PM) *

Having re read Bartlet's reply. My bleed nipples are def at the bottom of the callipers so does this mean I've fitted the two front callipers the wrong way round? And would this be the problem.
Thanks.

DING DING DING!

If the bleeders are at the bottom the caliper is still mostly full of air.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 06:01 AM