Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Toe Adjustment, Anyone make this other than Patrick Motorsports?
colingreene
post Oct 25 2016, 10:53 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,526
Region Association: Southern California

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/patrickms.s3.amazonaws.com-16526-1477414412.1.jpg)

I thought some other shop made this.
I know tangerine does a version of it.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
restore2seater
post Oct 30 2016, 12:30 AM
Post #2

Future 914 copilot.

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,037
Region Association: None

Hoping not to take this post into a big debate but after looking at the setup from PMS I have a couple questions.

Adjustable Tow Link Set

On their site they say that the adjustable tow link is using "fully adjustable spherical uniball bearings". I was under the impression that uniball bearings were made up of only a ball and socket. The ones shown look like they have a shank attached to the bearing. Looks more like a heim joint. From what I've read uniball is the better choice because its stronger. So is the PMS a heim joint or uniball bearing? Or do they make uniball bearings with shanks?

From what I've been told, using a heim joint for street use is not a good idea. Street use will wear the joint out quickly because of dirt, sand, rain, salt.... getting into the joint. Also they squeak a lot since most are not serviceable. PMS is stating its for street or racing. If it is going to be used for racing purpose then none of this matters. After a season or two of racing I would guess they would get replaced or rebuilt if possible. If its for street use then is any of this a concern or is this incorrect about what I've read and been told?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 05:58 PM