Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Vintage Racer Group, Dominion Raceway Inagural Race
MikeSpraggi
post Oct 29 2016, 05:08 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,570
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

VRG went to a new track, Dominion Raceway in Thornburg, Va. last weekend, Oct 21-23. Had a great time and liked the layout of the track the more I drove it. Here's a video of the first sprint race Sunday morning for Group 1. My teener was running fairly good and the tires had good grip. Surprising end to the race...well, at least for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MTg44Y36Ko
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JFJ914
post Oct 29 2016, 08:58 AM
Post #2

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 814
Region Association: South East States

Nice drive! It's good to win!
+Quote Post
Jetsetsurfshop
post Oct 29 2016, 07:44 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 12,907
Region Association: South East States

Congrats. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)
+Quote Post
wndsrfr
post Oct 29 2016, 07:52 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 10,318

That's what I'm talking about Michael.....really good driving, car sounds great. So sweet to see your teener taking the checkered! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
gms
post Oct 29 2016, 08:48 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,785
Region Association: Upper MidWest

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
NICE!
+Quote Post
MikeSpraggi
post Oct 30 2016, 02:25 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(wndsrfr @ Oct 29 2016, 06:52 PM) *

That's what I'm talking about Michael.....really good driving, car sounds great. So sweet to see your teener taking the checkered! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Hey John, good to hear from you. As I said before....missed Kermee...but hey....that would have meant no checkered flag for me! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
+Quote Post
mlindner
post Jan 11 2017, 06:30 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 13,770
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Thanks for sharing Mike, very nice driving.....Are you running stock gears, and what size engine. Best, Mark
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
MikeSpraggi
post Jan 25 2017, 04:52 AM
Post #8

QUOTE(mlindner @ Jan 11 2017, 05:30 AM) *

Thanks for sharing Mike, very nice driving.....Are you running stock gears, and what size engine. Best, Mark

Yes, running stock 4 cyl gears, not good for some tracks, good for some others, I do have other boxes and a stash of gears, but don't know what I really want yet. Engine is a close to stock, Weber carb'd, 2.4 six with about 180 at the wheels. Car weighs in at about 2060 dry.

Thast gear set seems to do well for me at Watkins Glen, not so great at NJ Motorsports Thunderbolt. Dominion Raceway is good as well as VIR, but Summit Point, not great. Pitt Race is another good one for the stock gear set, so, I may just live with what I have since I won't be changing out boxes out depending on the track.
+Quote Post
campbellcj
post Jan 26 2017, 10:55 AM
Post #9

I can't Re Member

Member No.: 21
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(MikeSpraggi @ Jan 25 2017, 02:52 AM) *

Yes, running stock 4 cyl gears, not good for some tracks, good for some others, I do have other boxes and a stash of gears, but don't know what I really want yet. Engine is a close to stock, Weber carb'd, 2.4 six with about 180 at the wheels. Car weighs in at about 2060 dry.

Thast gear set seems to do well for me at Watkins Glen, not so great at NJ Motorsports Thunderbolt. Dominion Raceway is good as well as VIR, but Summit Point, not great. Pitt Race is another good one for the stock gear set, so, I may just live with what I have since I won't be changing out boxes out depending on the track.

Mike, you probably know/have this but in case not, there is a '901 gear chart' Excel spreadsheet that is super helpful and I'll shoot you my version if you want.
+Quote Post
wndsrfr
post Jan 26 2017, 02:40 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 10,318

Mike & Mark,
In Kermee I'm on stock gearing, the 2.7 puts down just over 200 rwhp & weighs just about 2000. However, I'm purposely running 225/45/15's which gives about a 5% gearing down factor to help match the car to Summit Point & the other tracks. Last fall I finally did hit the rev limiter (7000) on the back straights at Road Atlanta and VIR on the cooler days making good power, so will go to 50 series tires next season to gear "up" a bit. YMMV. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
MikeSpraggi
post Feb 20 2017, 08:13 AM
Post #11

QUOTE(campbellcj @ Jan 26 2017, 09:55 AM) *

Mike, you probably know/have this but in case not, there is a '901 gear chart' Excel spreadsheet that is super helpful and I'll shoot you my version if you want.

Thanks. Yes, I do have it and used it in making decisions during the initial build.

Thanks again.
+Quote Post
MikeSpraggi
post Feb 20 2017, 08:17 AM
Post #12

QUOTE(wndsrfr @ Jan 26 2017, 01:40 PM) *

Mike & Mark,
In Kermee I'm on stock gearing, the 2.7 puts down just over 200 rwhp & weighs just about 2000. However, I'm purposely running 225/45/15's which gives about a 5% gearing down factor to help match the car to Summit Point & the other tracks. Last fall I finally did hit the rev limiter (7000) on the back straights at Road Atlanta and VIR on the cooler days making good power, so will go to 50 series tires next season to gear "up" a bit. YMMV. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

John, I have a set of 16x50 series tires I ran the two seasons ago and I seemed to have more top end on the larger tracks and really liked that.
+Quote Post
Fubawu
post Feb 24 2017, 11:08 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 19,247
Region Association: None

Mike do you know of any detailed pics from the VRG Watkins Glen event??
I was there in my White 914-6 GT
+Quote Post
MikeSpraggi
post Feb 26 2017, 10:24 AM
Post #14

QUOTE(Fubawu @ Feb 24 2017, 10:08 AM) *

Were you in my run group?
+Quote Post
MikeSpraggi
post Feb 26 2017, 10:35 AM
Post #15

Is one of these you?

http://billstoler.com/site/#/gallery/2016-...g16-7670-6465e/
http://billstoler.com/site/#/gallery/2016-...g16-8196-c8d1f/
+Quote Post
MikeSpraggi
post Feb 26 2017, 10:53 AM
Post #16

Sorry, those links don't work. Let's try this.

Is one of these yours?

Attached Image
Attached Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:48 AM