Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

> FS: Two 1.8L motors
andreic
post Oct 31 2016, 04:15 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,479
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I am cleaning out the garage and need to get rid of two Porsche 1.8L motors.

The first engine came out of my car, a 1975 914 1.8L with 94k miles. The engine was removed in June, in very good running condition. Set up with a single Weber carb, and I would prefer to sell it complete with the carb. Excellent oil pressure (tested within the last 500 miles), compressions in the 90's, very uniform. Six of the eight pushrod tubes were replaced with new ones in the last 1500 miles (of course also with new seals). The remaining two were still leaking slightly, easily fixed with engine out of the car. Everything is included, flywheel, fan, engine tins, good condition thermostat, etc. Asking $600 OBO. It is still in the exact condition as it came from the car, nothing was disassembled from it. (Except for the alternator and carburetor, both of which will be included.)

The second engine I bought last November from another member here on the world. Was sold to me as "running, but consider it a core." I tested it and it ran well last December. Like the other one, it has excellent oil pressure, compressions uniform in the 90's. The car it came from had 114k miles, but the engine was always run with FI, so it should still have many miles to go on it. After testing the engine I've taken off the engine tins, fan housing/fan/alternator, pushrods/pushrod tubes/rockers. All of these will be included, in good shape (except for the engine tins which have light rust on them). Asking $300 for this one. I can throw in a single Weber carb setup and manifolds I have lying around somewhere, but which is untested.

I also have several other parts that could go with either engine: a set of solid exhaust headers with heat exchangers (the actual exhaust pipes are in good shape, but the heat exchangers are ratty); an empty 901 transmission case which I've used for testing the engines (to connect the starter motor); a starter motor which was working well on the engine that I removed. Feel free to shoot me offers on either one of these. Sorry I don't have pictures of these parts, but they are in storage.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st May 2024 - 11:23 PM