Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Front suspenion questions
patssle
post Nov 5 2016, 10:09 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,741
Region Association: None

My car seems to roll and sway when turning the wheel back and forth while at speed. And I've been having problems spinning out in autocross. So I took the car to a tech friend today and he drove it to confirm it's a suspension issue and not me being a terrible driver.

I have Bilstein strut/shocks and tested the compression on them today - they seem fine needing both hands and strength to compress then popped back up slowly. Factory front sway bar bushings need to be replaced and I'm going to upgrade my tie rods to the turbo.

Bushings and ball joints are a bit more of a task to replace so I'll leave those to fix later if the issue is not resolved.

Should Bilsteins have the 3 hollow rubber springs that are in the drawings and photos I see? Mine don't have them.

Attached Image

I also need to check the torsion bars tomorrow as this does not look good:

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2024 - 01:19 AM