Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> My car tried to kill me!, Smelly clutch, and now no breaks?
D-Jet
post Apr 21 2005, 10:53 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,668

Sunday I started smelling my clutch. A nasty smell if there ever was one. What was confusing was that it didn’t feel like it was slipping at all. Just the smell. So I drove it briefly on Tuesday and it seemed fine. I drove it a little further tonight and it started smelling again. It was about this point I noticed I had NO BREAKS. A fun experience. If you ever get a chance, pass. I pumped the pedal a few times and they came back. I headed home immediately. The smell on the clutch kept getting worse, and it became harder and harder to get in gear. Every time I tried to stop, I had to pump the breaks about 4 times and then I’d get pretty much regular pedal feel and stopping power. I’m so confused.

The car recently had its breaks bled. The breaks were fine before I started smelling the clutch. At least, I think it’s the clutch. Is there something that smells like clutch that it could be?

Occasionally, the gas pedal feels like there is something preventing it from going down. If I push it a little harder, past the resistance, it’s fine. The resistance varies and isn’t always in the same spot (I don’t think). Not sure if this is related, but I figured it was worth mentioning.

Even as I approached home, the clutch didn’t feel like it was slipping, though it was very hard to get into any gear. First gear made an even worse racket than it usually does.

Any ideas?

--G (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/confused24.gif) (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/blink.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 02:18 PM