Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Could this work?, 2056 engine combo ?'s
McMark
post Jun 18 2018, 04:43 PM
Post #21

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

Yeah, I’m not trying to encourage you to go after it again. The 2.1 is a great engine and it’s exactly where I would stay and be happy, if I didn’t like to experiment so much. Get that seat time and remember why we like 914s in the first place.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ottox914
post Jun 18 2018, 09:40 PM
Post #22

The glory that once was.

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,438
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Finally got that youtube thing going on. Try this: https://youtu.be/wh_bUMEvKPk
This was our final pull. We hit 120.15 hp and 124 tq. With a 15% drive line loss, this is 138/142 at the crank. More than I expected, quite satisfied with the outcome.

Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh_bUMEvKPk
+Quote Post
ottox914
post Jun 19 2018, 01:42 PM
Post #23

The glory that once was.

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 18 2018, 03:41 PM) *

QUOTE(ottox914 @ Jun 18 2018, 04:26 PM) *

For now. Never say never. While I miss the turbo infused rush of power in the 914, and the problem solving that goes along with boldly going where few have gone before, there are a pair of tuned Audi’s in the garage should I need a boost fix.

Seriously, I probably lost 5 yrs of autocross goofing with the turbo motor, then with the rebuilt (not by me) 2.0 that kept ingesting #3 intake valve, then building this 2056. I need to drive it and enjoy it again.

Building it is fun, but the air cooled orchestra as you thunder thru the gears has its own appeal.

Seriously David, You're known as one of the faster guys in the MAC. There is a different driving technique for turbo-slam vs: momentum but the line is the same. You can't play the game if you don't have the chips. Go with reliable!

My thoughts exactly. Not that these things would come to pass again, but I recall an event that didn’t fill. So as a board member I managed to enter 2x. Once in a 1600 lb 2.6 big 4 owned by a friend, and once in mine. FTD in his car, 9th in raw time in my car. Back when mine had a stock 2.0 in it. Now THAT was a good day.
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jun 19 2018, 01:53 PM
Post #24

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(ottox914 @ Jun 19 2018, 04:42 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 18 2018, 03:41 PM) *

QUOTE(ottox914 @ Jun 18 2018, 04:26 PM) *

For now. Never say never. While I miss the turbo infused rush of power in the 914, and the problem solving that goes along with boldly going where few have gone before, there are a pair of tuned Audi’s in the garage should I need a boost fix.

Seriously, I probably lost 5 yrs of autocross goofing with the turbo motor, then with the rebuilt (not by me) 2.0 that kept ingesting #3 intake valve, then building this 2056. I need to drive it and enjoy it again.

Building it is fun, but the air cooled orchestra as you thunder thru the gears has its own appeal.

Seriously David, You're known as one of the faster guys in the MAC. There is a different driving technique for turbo-slam vs: momentum but the line is the same. You can't play the game if you don't have the chips. Go with reliable!

My thoughts exactly. Not that these things would come to pass again, but I recall an event that didn’t fill. So as a board member I managed to enter 2x. Once in a 1600 lb 2.6 big 4 owned by a friend, and once in mine. FTD in his car, 9th in raw time in my car. Back when mine had a stock 2.0 in it. Now THAT was a good day.

So you don't have a problem then. With a 2056, you have one of the highest performance Type 4 engines that retains very good reliability. McMark has to experiment. It is not only in his nature, it is what his business is based on.
You're going to be fast no matter what. Put it in the suspension if you want but you don't need that turbo. You're going to be a happier dog if you can go to every event...
+Quote Post
ottox914
post Jun 19 2018, 08:08 PM
Post #25

The glory that once was.

Agreed. I have always wanted a 914 that went pppsssssssstttt and had around 10lb/hp. With type IV power. Almost got there. Probably about 15/hp now. Already have plans for some suspension updates for the rest of this season and learn some data logging. In the spring new rubber for the Keizer wheels and back to full attack. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:05 AM