Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fuel pressure regulator, Where to locate in engine bay
North Coast Jim
post Nov 30 2016, 05:11 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,450
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

My new 2056 engine running 44IDFs has now about a 40 miles on it. So cool to have this car back on the road after 25 years. Runs way to rich with a 160 main, 175 air correction, 60 Idle jets and a 36mm venturi. Continue to have a problem with popping through the carburetor at partial throttle. Fuel pump is the Carter rotary with inline filter along with their SS lines through the tunnel purchased from Tangerine Racing. Engine builder wants me to install a fuel pressure regulator to eliminate this as a variable. The jetting exercise can come afterward. I bought an Italian made "Petrol King" diaphram regulator with single outet. Will hook up serially the pump/ filter/ regulator / guage than "T" off to the two carbs. I'd like to hard mount this device but where ?? To the body or to the engine ?? I'm sure this has been done before. Any suggestions. Pics would also help. Thanks World
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st May 2024 - 08:14 PM