Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> coverlay dash cover
Gearren
post Apr 25 2005, 01:38 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,362

Just got my coverlay dash cover from PP and it fits well on the passengers side, but it does not fit well at all over the gauge cluster and to the left of the gauge cluster. Are there any tricks to getting it to fit right, I don't want to have to glue it down b/c I hope to get it re-covered in the future.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dion
post Apr 25 2005, 01:53 PM
Post #2

RN

Member No.: 2,766
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I followed the supplied instructions. But I also found the left and right edges just not quite snug. I wasn't worried about the old dash(new one in storage) (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/mueba.gif) I put one screw on each side,just above the vent. I used chromed decorative screws,doesn't look bad. I did place the cover on beginning with the gauge binnacle,and worked out from there. Maybe the binnacle area is slighly out of shape(warping/age related/uv damage) Good luck.Cheers,Dion
+Quote Post
post Apr 25 2005, 02:03 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 988

Mine fit just about perfectly, I seem to remember that the trick was to tilt it backward, fit the ends in where the dash meets the doors, and then slip it on and down. I didn't even glue it on, it doesn't really move and since I only had 1 small crack I didn't want to mess up the origional dash.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 04:37 PM