Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Now I've lost a nut!, and I consider it important.
ewdysar
post Apr 25 2005, 05:21 PM
Post #1

What happens here, stays here.

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,030

Got off the freeway today and the car shifted pretty hard heading down the off ramp. Forced it into first and lurched onto the surface street. Pushed on the clutch, and very little resistance, the car was firmly in first. Luckily the next two lights were green and I was able to pull into a liquor store parking lot (just in case things have gone very wrong (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/beer.gif) ). Figured something happened, not a gradual failure, clutch worked fine in traffic on the 134 fwy (thank god) then suddenly didn't work. Check under the car and the clutch cable pulley is askew (coming off the stud) no nut or washer to be seen. Push the pulley back into place and drive towards work. Fails again 2 blocks from work at red light, jump out and fix it before it's green. pick shifts carefully until the car is in my space at work.

Local Porsche dealership says washer in stock but nut needs to be ordered, 5 days. Local german FLAPS didn't want to get involved.

Any options, other than drive my wife's Mitsu until the parts arive?

Thanks,
Eric

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cap'n Krusty
post Apr 25 2005, 05:38 PM
Post #2

Cap'n Krusty

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,246
Region Association: Central California

Get a regular 10 mm x 1.5 nut and some red Loctite. Use the washer you get from the dealer, clean up the threads (VERY important!), and slap the nut on there. If the steel sleeve is in there, the nut will tighten right down and you'll be fine for a while, if the sleeve is gone, you're hosed. The Cap'n
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 07:45 AM