Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS: Side shifter, for V8, from Dr. Evil, Long gear box, fresh
tomrev
post Dec 4 2016, 01:39 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,037
Region Association: None

I had Mike (Dr. Evil) build me a long gear box, when I built my Chevy powered 914. After very limited miles, I changed to a honda engine, and went back to a standard gearing box, so have a very nice, long gear V8 box for sale. Mike put in all new main trans bearings, (retain $1100.) and new gears on the top. It is: F.O.X.H., with 1st blocked off.
F= 1.89 O=1.22 X=.86 H= .59 Even with my short 205/45/16's the rev's at 70 are 2700, and at 80 are 3,000. Renegade sells this type box for around $3,000. so anyone building a CSB, or other high powered 914 can save some $$. I have less than 300 street miles on the box, and we all know Mike's quality of work. Box will ship via Fedex, in a Rubbermaid tub. (or pick up is fine). Tom, 231-946-0724 tomandgretch@charter.net Price: $1995.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
echocanyons
post Dec 4 2016, 02:46 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 7
Region Association: Central California

This is a great deal, very similar to what I had Mike build for me and great on the freeway.
+Quote Post
tomrev
post Dec 4 2016, 04:36 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(echocanyons @ Dec 4 2016, 12:46 PM) *

This is a great deal, very similar to what I had Mike build for me and great on the freeway.

Thanks! Hopefully, she will be powering another 914 soon. I can send a few other view photos to interested folks.
+Quote Post
tomrev
post Dec 21 2016, 07:32 PM
Post #4

To clarify, shipping costs not included in the price; but it should cost under $100. anywhere in the lower 48. Thanks
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Dec 21 2016, 08:07 PM
Post #5

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Be careful about shipping in a Rubbermaid tub. I used to do it. I insured the trans for $1,500 and FedEx refused the claim. They said it wasn't packed properly. Not that more peanuts would have helped prevent the damage from them running into it with a forklift. Now I only strap to a pallet.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
tomrev
post Dec 21 2016, 09:23 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 21 2016, 06:07 PM) *

Be careful about shipping in a Rubbermaid tub. I used to do it. I insured the trans for $1,500 and FedEx refused the claim. They said it wasn't packed properly. Not that more peanuts would have helped prevent the damage from them running into it with a forklift. Now I only strap to a pallet.

I add a skin of plywood inside; know what you mean, but FedEx won't ship un-boxed stuff anymore, and a truck/frieght place is too much $$$.
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Dec 21 2016, 09:52 PM
Post #7

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(tomrev @ Dec 21 2016, 10:23 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 21 2016, 06:07 PM) *

I add a skin of plywood inside; know what you mean, but FedEx won't ship un-boxed stuff anymore, and a truck/frieght place is too much $$$.

I add a skin of plywood inside- as you can see, so did I. Didn't help against the forklift. FedEx insurance is worthless if they are damaging the item and then denying the claim.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:08 AM