Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ebay Seats, Cheap seats
RickS
post Dec 8 2016, 11:17 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,880
Region Association: None

In a 914 you don't have to worry about the seat back collapsing in the recoil phase in a forward impact, but I might be concerned with metal strength in the attachment points to the rails. Would feel better if they were TUV approved.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Andyrew
post Dec 9 2016, 10:44 AM
Post #22

Spooling.... Please wait

Member No.: 172
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Rand @ Dec 8 2016, 04:37 PM) *

I wonder if the mounting on the bottom lines up with what you need in a 914?
I don't think the mounting works on a 914. If you play with their car selector it says incompatible. You'd have to do some fab work on the seat rail mounting. Not a big deal if you have the means, but a factor.

Its probably the standard base size. For my steel frame racing seats I had to widen the mounting holes, but was able to make it work with the stock rail. Took some cutting and welding though.
+Quote Post
911buff
post Dec 10 2016, 09:14 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 17,390
Region Association: South East States

For what it is worth, the Ebay ad's compatibility chart states it does NOT work in a 914. Although, the back pad could always be removed or modified.
+Quote Post
Chris914n6
post Dec 10 2016, 01:02 PM
Post #24

Jackstands are my life.

Member No.: 431
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(911buff @ Dec 10 2016, 07:14 AM) *

For what it is worth, the Ebay ad's compatibility chart states it does NOT work in a 914. Although, the back pad could always be removed or modified.

Ebay comparability doesn't mean crap. The seller has to enter that, and has probably never seen a 914, so he only entered the popular cars he's heard of. It's sold as a generic racing seat. One of us will have to test fit it.
It's actually an opportunity for a local member to market them to us as Chinese warehouses love to drop ship.
+Quote Post
Rand
post Dec 10 2016, 01:21 PM
Post #25

Cross Member

Member No.: 3,573

QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Dec 10 2016, 11:02 AM) *

Ebay comparability doesn't mean crap. The seller has to enter that, and has probably never seen a 914, so he only entered the popular cars he's heard of. It's sold as a generic racing seat. One of us will have to test fit it.
It's actually an opportunity for a local member to market them to us as Chinese warehouses love to drop ship.

Looks to me like his ad uses an interactive model chooser like auto parts web sites use, not just models he personally added. But it shouldn't be hard to make them work with a little fabrication.
+Quote Post
Kansas 914
post Dec 10 2016, 02:20 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 373
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(Rand @ Dec 10 2016, 12:21 PM) *

Looks to me like his ad uses an interactive model chooser like auto parts web sites use, not just models he personally added. But it shouldn't be hard to make them work with a little fabrication.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

So who s going to be the first? I can't fabricate a sandwich... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Chris914n6
post Dec 10 2016, 07:47 PM
Post #27

Jackstands are my life.

QUOTE(Rand @ Dec 10 2016, 11:21 AM) *

QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Dec 10 2016, 11:02 AM) *

It's an Ebay feature. Looks like the seller started at the top with AMC and clicked everything til it cut him off. It works well if it's for something specific like an evap pump for a 335i, but it gets abused so a search for something specific gets spammed by generic fake HID bulbs. Do a search for a Porsche leather steering wheel and you will see how bad it fails.

They have 8 small bolts like 914 seat rails, which is uncommon.
We need to talk Mikey into it and he can redo the inserts in his tartan cloth (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Dec 10 2016, 08:08 PM
Post #28

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348

Just need a patern.
+Quote Post
Chris914n6
post Dec 10 2016, 09:20 PM
Post #29

Jackstands are my life.

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 10 2016, 06:08 PM) *

Just need a pattern.

Easy. Just buy a seat. And then tell us if it fits the back pad and is easy to get the 914 rails mounted (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Dec 10 2016, 11:26 PM
Post #30

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348

So how many people are interested?
I know cost goes a long way, but the more i cann spread oit mine, the better prices we can give.
+Quote Post
porschetub
post Dec 11 2016, 03:11 AM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18,995

QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Dec 11 2016, 08:02 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) so true have been stung before,stuff isn't the right fitment,expect the supporting foam and covering to have a limited life,bottom line you can't get quality for that money,get GTS seats now that is known quality product.
+Quote Post
Chris H.
post Dec 11 2016, 08:49 AM
Post #32

Member No.: 73
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Even as a starting point these could be a good option. Just depends on the quality. Seems like we're at the same point with aftermarket seats as we were a few years ago with 5-bolt Fuchs... the real name-brand ones are way expensive or need repair, they have to be checked for safety, etc. Outside of that we've got ones like these or seats from other cars. Would love to have a decent priced NEW option for mine.
+Quote Post
jmill
post Dec 11 2016, 09:40 AM
Post #33

Green Hornet

Member No.: 9,038
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 10 2016, 11:26 PM) *

So how many people are interested?
I know cost goes a long way, but the more i cann spread oit mine, the better prices we can give.

Ok, if they look like Raynekat's when complete I'm all in.
+Quote Post
76-914
post Dec 11 2016, 08:50 PM
Post #34

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Dec 10 2016, 12:20 PM) *

QUOTE(Rand @ Dec 10 2016, 12:21 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

So who s going to be the first? I can't fabricate a sandwich... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Cracked me up! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 06:55 PM