Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Installed a trickle charger jack port in wheel well, Don't have to open engine lid all the time
oakdalecurtis
post Dec 14 2016, 05:40 PM
Post #1

Oakdalecurtis

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,802
Region Association: Central California

I've used a Noco trickle charger on my Optima Red Top battery in my 914 for many years whenever I'm parked in my garage. Sometimes with bad weather I don't drive the car a lot in the winter. I always open the engine lid and hook up the charger when I pull in the garage. I got tired of opening the engine lid every time and hooking up the charger jaws to the battery posts, and removing then charger and closing the engine lid every time I wanted to go for a drive. Open, close, open, close.....I finally made a 1/4 inch jack port holder under the rear wheel well and connected it with a wire lead to the battery positive. The negative is the jack grounded to the body by the steel jack holder bar. Now the charger hangs over the car, and when I go out , I just switch off the Noco charger, unplug the charging jack and hang the cord over the charger. When I return, in goes the jack and on goes the charger. I'm big on simple!
Attached Image
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:27 PM