Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> windshield wipers, position of the arms
slotty008
post Dec 23 2016, 04:28 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,349
Region Association: None

What is the right position of the windshield wiper arms? Is the one with the bend on the right or the left of the car? I've been looking at some pictures and I've seen both.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Dec 24 2016, 09:39 AM
Post #2

that's what I do!

Group: Members
Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

QUOTE(slotty008 @ Dec 23 2016, 05:28 PM) *

What is the right position of the windshield wiper arms? Is the one with the bend on the right or the left of the car? I've been looking at some pictures and I've seen both.

If you drive on the right, it would be on the right, BUT..... Some owners have done the wiper arm reversal mod so it will run backwards and the arm will have been rebent.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9...er_reversal.htm

Pros to doing this mod are the arms park more out of the drives field of view and it clears a bigger area of the drivers windscreen.
Many other manufacturers have used this direction forever.

Con is the windscreen clearing is slower by a small amount and it's not OE "correct".
The argument is Porsche did it this way as it could be very important when racing.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 06:22 AM