Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914-6 heat exchangers and headers 1-5/8" in stainless steel.
Cairo94507
post Dec 30 2020, 10:22 AM
Post #21

Michael

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

OK, I could not resist Ben's work so I also bought one of his little bit louder mufflers for my car and just swapped it on. It is a little bit louder in all the right ways. When it is sitting and idling, it is glorious. Then when you get on it and the RPM's begin to climb, it really sounds great. Overall, I love it. Easy to swap back and forth too. I did not have to remove the valance. Just undo both of the muffler bands and then the 4 bolts and off it comes. Ben's work is just top level craftsmanship. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
horizontally-opposed
post Jan 14 2021, 09:56 AM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Luke M @ Apr 25 2019, 11:34 AM) *

Here's some of Ben's work of art. These things are sweet and weigh a heck of a lot less then the factory parts. All in stainless steel which is another great benefit.
Can't wait to get my 6 done it's gonna sound great I'm sure of it.

Thanks again Ben... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Luke or Ben, do you happen to have weight comparisons (whether imperfect or perfect)?

I've come around to adding heat, and this is the way I am going to go when the time comes. Now Michael has me thinking about Ben's muffler too...
+Quote Post
mb911
post Jan 14 2021, 10:04 AM
Post #23

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,892
Region Association: Upper MidWest

So roughly the boxed shipping weights are the same for heat exchangers oem or mine@40lbs. Headers are about 10 lbs lighter boxed for shipping.. I never did just weight them without packaging.

Also note these are in process of changing. They will be lighter and use an f1 merge collector and the driver side and passenger side will be mirrored and will no longer look 90% oem but rather mirrored driver side. This will save bends, time, costs, weight, and improve power. And still look fantastic. They will look very oem to the driver side. The passenger side had 15 more bends in it then the driverside and is just an incredible amount of time and money including waste for a none essential feature(I argue it to not being a feature)
+Quote Post
mb911
post Jul 13 2021, 06:17 PM
Post #24

914 Guru

Well unfortunately with stainless prices I need to raise retail to 3495. Contact me if seriously considering buying a set as prices are up and down and maybe able to cut you a break.
+Quote Post
mb911
post Jan 7 2022, 09:47 AM
Post #25

914 Guru

These are special order only now and based off current market pricing.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 04:25 AM