Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Air Injector Removal
TC Johnson
post Apr 29 2005, 10:20 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,321
Region Association: None

I am planning to spend some quality time on the 914 this weekend, and hope to remove the air pump and all its associated plumbing. PA exempts cars as old as my '76 from the emissions tests, and it has been inop (no belt, pump frozen) since I bought it from the PO.

I would also like to plug where the injectors go into the head, and have searched unsuccessfully for any threads discussing what folks are using in place of the air injectors.

There used to be plugs available for this back in the 70's for the muscle car crowd to use on their chebbies, but is there somethings comparable for the Type IV? I know some may have used the old injectors, but I am hoping for something a bit more "elegant" to replace them with.

Thanks for the info.

TC
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
skline
post Apr 29 2005, 10:56 AM
Post #2

Born to Drive

Member No.: 17
Region Association: Southern California

I used bolts with the same thread to plug the holes. Some have picked up a cap to screw on top of the injector. I am going down today to pick up 4 of the same bolts I used on my last one to plug the ones on the 75 out in front of the house. I will get the exact specs of them and post them later if you are interested.
+Quote Post
Allan
post Apr 29 2005, 02:54 PM
Post #3

Teenerless Weenie

Member No.: 2,304
Region Association: Southern California

I used 10mm valve adjustment screws and some JB weld. Worked gud. I believe the size is 10mm x 1.0 x 55mm.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 04:18 AM