Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS: 914-6 GT Double Engine Grill
PCA7GGR
post Jan 16 2017, 09:53 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,219

Replica of the original double grilled 914-6GT engine lid. It is made with original lid, grills and hardware. The cross brace can be lighten or removed (your choice - the lid is a bit more structurally rigid if the cross brace is only lightened - with the cross brace removed, the lid is lighter but the lid tends to flex and may not fit flush against the trunk when closed). The latch and torsion bars are left intact but can also be removed for race car applications. The lids are painted semi-gloss black (similar to satin black).

The lid is $350 with a core lid (or $400 without a core) plus shipping/packing - cash, cashiers check or Paypal (add 3% for Paypal). Your core lid(s)/grill(s) needs to be in very nice condition (lid has minimal coats of paint, no dents, nor rust and the mesh on grill has no holes nor deformities). If you are providing a stock lid(s)/grill(s), you are responsible for their packing/shipping to me. You can use the box that I send your GT lid in and, upon receipt and if in usable condition, I will refund $50.

More pics and info available upon request, Thanks

Sergio
(sgmeza-at-sbcglobal.net)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
forrestkhaag
post Jan 16 2017, 03:53 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 17,273
Region Association: Southwest Region

Very nice work here.

Mine has no crossbar and when properly adjusted against the adjustable rubber seats at the back two corners (by lowering the latch to the right pull-down height), there is not an issue with leveling the lid to match the adjacent trunk and side grills, nor movement of the grill.

Sergio has a good product offering at a very very decent price - given what is required to fabricate one of these things. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hissyfit.gif) .
How do I know?

I built mine out of two lids and after acquiring the two lids in decent shape at the G&R, cutting the two frames in the correct place, welding them together in the correct alignment for the grills to mate properly and securely, sanding, priming, painting, then adjusting to fit, then readjusting, I would suggest buying Sergio's tried and proven product.

I would suggest cutting the attaching hinge bracket hole on the lid into a slot for ease of removal and reinsertion on to the bolt - makes a 914world of difference.

Also of note. Having run mine w/o a rain tray for around a year now in a Flagstaff snow storm, ice, rain and sunshine, the only thing you might have to add to your car is a couple of rainhats in case of an unexpected downpour. Tupperware works great..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

+Quote Post
porschetub
post Jan 17 2017, 09:30 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18,995
Region Association: None

QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Jan 17 2017, 10:53 AM) *

Very nice work here.

Mine has no crossbar and when properly adjusted against the adjustable rubber seats at the back two corners (by lowering the latch to the right pull-down height), there is not an issue with leveling the lid to match the adjacent trunk and side grills, nor movement of the grill.

Sergio has a good product offering at a very very decent price - given what is required to fabricate one of these things. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hissyfit.gif) .
How do I know?

I built mine out of two lids and after acquiring the two lids in decent shape at the G&R, cutting the two frames in the correct place, welding them together in the correct alignment for the grills to mate properly and securely, sanding, priming, painting, then adjusting to fit, then readjusting, I would suggest buying Sergio's tried and proven product.

I would suggest cutting the attaching hinge bracket hole on the lid into a slot for ease of removal and reinsertion on to the bolt - makes a 914world of difference.

Also of note. Having run mine w/o a rain tray for around a year now in a Flagstaff snow storm, ice, rain and sunshine, the only thing you might have to add to your car is a couple of rainhats in case of an unexpected downpour. Tupperware works great..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

Do you need both torsion springs on our just one,thanks
+Quote Post
PCA7GGR
post Jan 17 2017, 09:36 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 1,219

You can get away with one. It just won't spring up as hard but will stay up.
+Quote Post
wes
post Jan 18 2017, 11:49 AM
Post #5

wes

Member No.: 8,436
Region Association: Northern California

Very happy with the one I bought from Sergio!Attached Image
+Quote Post
larryM
post Jan 21 2017, 02:42 PM
Post #6

emoze

Member No.: 65
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Jan 16 2017, 01:53 PM) *

yep! - same goes for washing the car

a couple cheap alu roasting pans make OK rain covers for the carbs if you are running the alloy K&Ns -(or spring $$ for K&N rain hats) - i raced mine in the rain that way several times at Laguna Seca in early '90s

fwiw -- had a racer friend back then who ignored the issue & wound up with a cyl full of water overnite & hydro-locked the motor - very costly

- water WILL leak over the edge of the flat K&N covers & leach thru the filter

and also make a cover for the dizzy else you may find yourself in a downpour with a drowned ignition - btdt

i also made a complete "firm plastic" cover for long-storage that covers the entire under-lid opening

p.s. - a pair of 914-4 torsions are stronger than a sixer's cuz they were designed to lift the plastic tray - i use 'em now & they lift the lid full-up

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:27 AM