Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Engine Soon 2B F/S, In &r Out Buggers?
JOEPROPER
post Feb 6 2017, 07:34 AM
Post #21

The answer is "no" unless you ask...

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,387
Region Association: North East States

Something doesn't seem right here. Won't take ca$h??? Am I missing something here? Maybe the other side of the story...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Coondog
post Feb 6 2017, 11:04 AM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19,195
Region Association: Southern California

It's very simple, the seller sets the rules.
Met Forrest a few times, good guy.
+Quote Post
forrestkhaag
post Feb 6 2017, 12:33 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 17,273
Region Association: Southwest Region

Thanks to all. As I stated in my last and final pm to this wonderful individual, I offered for him to bring cash and I would have a legit cause to bring a bill reader. To many other interested parties who know me and my engine in actual drive-time.

I only been to China about twenty times, but I know taking cash "in the field" is risky business these days and the bank is across the street from where the engine will be crated on its pallet. No scam there.

He is out as is my motor shortly......

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Larmo63
post Feb 6 2017, 01:03 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,068

Seriously? You don't trust cash?

Paranoid much?
+Quote Post
BuddyV
post Feb 6 2017, 02:28 PM
Post #25

Robert

Member No.: 3,898
Region Association: Northern California

Seller seems like a reasonable person.

His sale, his rules.

If I wanted the motor badly enough, I would not let his reasoning or bad experiences keep me from finding a way to make him comfortable.

Good luck with your sale, brother.

+Quote Post
Blue6
post Feb 6 2017, 06:14 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 16,470

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Feb 6 2017, 11:03 AM) *

Paranoid much?

Forrest is right to want to do the transaction at a bank. With a large cash transaction like this, it would probably be done either totally or partially in $100 bills. People would be shocked at the amount of counterfeit $100's floating around. Not saying that the potential buyer is being dishonest, but unless he/she makes a bank withdrawal, then hands the $$ to the seller, there is a possibility of the money being counterfeit.

Example: Potential engine buyer needs to gather cash, and sells items on Craigslist. Now that buyer brings that cash to purchase his bad daddy 914 engine. Several days after selling said engine, Desert (name changed to protect identity) deposits the cash into his account. Teller runs it through the machine, which rejects 5 or 6 bills. Who shoulders the loss. Buyer didn't know, seller didn't know, but the bank did. If you think you can recognize the fakes, think again. Chemicals, color copiers, and crook... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
Larmo63
post Feb 6 2017, 06:58 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,068

I have made deals in cash for years, lots and lots of cash, thousands and thousands of dollars, this has never happened.

I agree, his stuff, his deal, but.....whatever.
+Quote Post
forrestkhaag
post Feb 6 2017, 07:01 PM
Post #28

QUOTE(Blue6 @ Feb 6 2017, 04:14 PM) *

Paranoid much?

Forrest is right to want to do the transaction at a bank. With a large cash transaction like this, it would probably be done either totally or partially in $100 bills. People would be shocked at the amount of counterfeit $100's floating around. Not saying that the potential buyer is being dishonest, but unless he/she makes a bank withdrawal, then hands the $$ to the seller, there is a possibility of the money being counterfeit.

Example: Potential engine buyer needs to gather cash, and sells items on Craigslist. Now that buyer brings that cash to purchase his bad daddy 914 engine. Several days after selling said engine, Desert (name changed to protect identity) deposits the cash into his account. Teller runs it through the machine, which rejects 5 or 6 bills. Who shoulders the loss. Buyer didn't know, seller didn't know, but the bank did. If you think you can recognize the fakes, think again. Chemicals, color copiers, and crook... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Thanks Dave. My son got scammed in the hundred dollar bill stacked payout you described / mostly good USD and several great Chinese copies that had the strip, watermarks, fibers and feel - all the bells and whistles - but were phony. By the time he got to the bank he was down 20% in revenue on the sale of the vehicle. He now carries a bill reader and bill-pen or does his auto work in a bank lobby. No honest person would object and there are no SQUARE Fees etc. in a bank lobby. Awaiting a clear on a check works to / just delays delivery.

The good news is that the leak down numbers are in all in the low leakage range / in the avg 35 % range - all within two percent of each other on all four cylinders. Some identical as well. Also the plugs look good on all four...

I think I have a solid deal now and will sell to a long time known quantity on World.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
forrestkhaag
post Feb 6 2017, 07:03 PM
Post #29

OK. So I borrowed a crappy tool / at least it is consistently crappy... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) but after several rounds, the numbers were consistent and in a good range of servicability.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
euro911
post Feb 6 2017, 07:26 PM
Post #30

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300

So the motor has a consistent 100% leak-down on all cylinders? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

Sold my '67 911 for some big-uns last year, my wife counted and penned the entire stack 'o cash. Thankfully all went well, as there is a possibility that some bogus bills might surface with dollar large transactions. The buyer obtained all the funds from his bank, so that was a nice plus (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
thelogo
post Feb 6 2017, 08:58 PM
Post #31

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 11,572
Region Association: None

. https://youtu.be/T3yf1p-WYQw
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Feb 6 2017, 09:33 PM
Post #32

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,489

QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Feb 6 2017, 05:01 PM) *

QUOTE(Blue6 @ Feb 6 2017, 04:14 PM) *

Paranoid much?

Thanks Dave. My son got scammed in the hundred dollar bill stacked payout you described / mostly good USD and several great Chinese copies that had the strip, watermarks, fibers and feel - all the bells and whistles - but were phony. By the time he got to the bank he was down 20% in revenue on the sale of the vehicle. He now carries a bill reader and bill-pen or does his auto work in a bank lobby. No honest person would object and there are no SQUARE Fees etc. in a bank lobby. Awaiting a clear on a check works to / just delays delivery.

The good news is that the leak down numbers are in all in the low leakage range / in the avg 35 % range - all within two percent of each other on all four cylinders. Some identical as well. Also the plugs look good on all four...

I think I have a solid deal now and will sell to a long time known quantity on World.

Kind of like buying triple A rated bonds but they turn out to be junk.

When does that happen?

Good luck with the sale Forrest.

I've got one in the works or I'd consider it.
+Quote Post
colingreene
post Feb 7 2017, 01:54 PM
Post #33

Member No.: 16,526

thelogo Grow up, move on.
+Quote Post
forrestkhaag
post Feb 7 2017, 09:24 PM
Post #34

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) The engine has moved on as well.

Thanks to all positive teeners along the way to a positive sale many of which have been on group trips next to my trusty mill. I

I am wasting no (MF) time in preparing for the install on the chassis kit and motor mount kit. A special shout out to PK for help with the 6 wiring harness to be made specifically to my engine and existing infrastructure. Not to mention RJ on the parallels between his 3.0 and mine.

Moving on toward the install on the 6.

+Quote Post
euro911
post Feb 9 2017, 04:43 PM
Post #35

Counterfeit $100. bills ... http://www.dailybreeze.com/general-news/20...?obref=obinsite
+Quote Post
forrestkhaag
post Feb 9 2017, 05:57 PM
Post #36

No kidding. Those bastards are everywhere these days. my son does Square and pays the fees to avoid the SPS. Sunday Plunder Syndrome. Stats indicate the most fakes are passed on weekends when banks are not open. A day or two later, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sheeplove.gif)

And by the way...

Now that euro911 has moved his shop to AZ he can start offering 2 and three stage non-water based paint jobs to deserving teeners... when in doubt, use epoxy based primers and top coats...

We are still (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sheeplove.gif) in Cali / for now.... Unless one builds a booth in his carport next to the sea and expects a different outcome... the slate floor in my carpark area has a three stage finish!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
euro911
post Feb 9 2017, 09:04 PM
Post #37

I gave up my CA shop too early. I have fallen way behind with the cars and this winter season's nasty weather has definitely been a hindrance to any forward progress (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
+Quote Post
thelogo
post Feb 9 2017, 10:20 PM
Post #38

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 11,572
Region Association: None

This is bs

My money is legit .

Your paranoia is gotten carried away.

https://youtu.be/ppDGJzz_r0I
+Quote Post
forrestkhaag
post Feb 11 2017, 07:59 PM
Post #39

The engine is gotten too

+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 10:22 AM