Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Early Porsche Track Day - Pacific Raceways - Seattle - tbd, planning a track day at pacfic raceways . . . want to see 914's there!
piscean914
post Jan 21 2017, 12:36 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,637

hey guys - i am posting this to see if there is any 914 interest in having a track day at pacific raceways?

in the "old" days up here, you could count on numerous track days, such as with the alfa club, bremerton sports car club, etc - over time, days got numbered - now the alfa club doesn't even run at pacific, and it stopped doing days in portland last year -

i know lots of folks over the years who did the track days, mostly in old air cooled porsche's - i think that there is enough interest to put on a track day, and it would be great to see the 914's well represented there:

i have spoken with don kitch, jr, who is one hell of a nice guy! he runs proformance racing, and he would be setting up the event

- here are the options - the most chance for availability of a friday or saturday is between now and mid-march, before the clubs get the track - monday and tuesday are closed "quiet" days - wednesdays and thurdays are much more plentiful, and don also has "twilight" sessions in the summer, from about 4 pm to 9 pm

- don will have some coaching/clinic stuff for between sessions, but he understands that a bunch of us maybe signed off "solo" at this track or have significant track experience, and we want to drive!

- don will do a continental breakfast and lunch for the days, and a bbq for after the twilight sessions

- don needs a minimum of 25 folks to keep this in the $250-$295 range for each guy (the more guys, the cheaper) - the sessions will be 20-30 minutes, and there should be 3-4 sessions with 3 separate run groups - if things thin out after lunch, the groups will be combined with more chances for track time

- don said he would get back to me with his calendar - i will post dates

- so here is the deal, i don't want to waste don's or anyone else's time, so it would be great to for any interested 914 person to check his or her calendar (when we have dates,) check your 914, talk to your track day buddies, and be ready to commit, if this track day is to really happen!!!

- again, i'm not the organizer - if the date is set, then everything will be completed directly with don!

thanks again for being part of the dream . . .

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
6freak
post Jan 21 2017, 06:30 PM
Post #2

MR.C

Member No.: 8,829
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

is there even 25 running 914`s in the Great PNW jeff took most of them (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) get with PCA its all ready set for you have fun (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
piscean914
post Jan 21 2017, 08:08 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(6freak @ Jan 21 2017, 04:30 PM) *

is there even 25 running 914`s in the Great PNW jeff took most of them (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) get with PCA its all ready set for you have fun (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

i know what you mean - i know of one 914-6 racer that use to be out there alot - i run my 914 at the track, as well as my 356 outlaw and early 911

PCA (PNWR) is a great way to learn how to drive properly on the track, as well as to get signed off "solo" on various tracks - i know of at least 2 dozen guys in early porsche's, and after time, we wanted a less formal event, with less folks than what they run at PCA - the alfa club used to have the best days, they let you take passengers, just 1-3 alfa's ever showed up!

it would be great to get as many early porsche's together as possible, in a smaller setting, with more time on the track, and time to hang out, check out the cars, etc

and i hope to see jeff soon - i have his wheel and a tee-shirt for him!

cheers, brad

photo from alfa club portland track day 2015

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
6freak
post Jan 23 2017, 08:53 AM
Post #4

MR.C

Member No.: 8,829

the real fun is at the cart track on PIR grounds in a 914 anyway ..and yes PIR is where I got signed off to go solo years ago ive been playing on that track a long time ..I absolutely love Delta park track especially like the section your coming into in the picture ..1 of the reasons I sorta quite the track and AX game was because I couidnt have a passanger(friends or family! why the hell not) and they wont ley me be an instructor because I cant ride shotgun (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon8.gif) so ive kinda put all that car racing /AX stuff aside and selling it all ....but ya im in if we get enough folks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Panel billy might have some ideas
+Quote Post
piscean914
post Jan 23 2017, 11:10 AM
Post #5

thanks for the response

i know what you mean about passengers, which were allowed by the alfa club - i am going to ask don about allowing passengers here

i am going through dates with don now - i have about 12-15 guys interested -

i'll post dates soon i hope

thanks again, brad k
+Quote Post
Mr. Olympic Blue 2 You
post Jan 23 2017, 01:31 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 12,150

FWIW- The Ridge in Shelton is offering open lapping on Saturdays every other week thru March 4th. $225 for at least (6) 20 min sessions. May be short notice if you were planning on something in the summer but the Ridge is a much nicer facility.

Just passing it along-
Andrew
+Quote Post
914werke
post Jan 23 2017, 05:55 PM
Post #7

"I got blisters on me fingers"

Member No.: 453

I disagree Mike there are easily 25 running 914's in the greater PNW. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sunglasses.gif)
Of the all the cars that Hines "exported" half of them were in-op (IMG:style_emoticons/default/whistle[1].gif)
Bigger question is, if you could find 25 (or more) that were prepared to pony
up the $ and muster up the (IMG:style_emoticons/default/squirrel.gif) to run on a big track.
Brad I commend your effort since I too really enjoy Pacific Raceway (SIR).
I cut my teeth road racing motorcycles on SIR beginning in 86 continuing till about 04.
I also earned my SOVREN race lic. there in my 914 at Kitches school.
Whats funny is back in 05 I think, it was when Seattle was hosting the WCR, I worked out a similar deal with Don as part of our driving event which wasnt that easy given that is the prime track access season, but the organizing group decided to drive out to Port Gamble instead. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif)
PIR is a bore compared to PRW(SIR). Delta park is a State owned facility so its maintained where that has been a sore point in Kent & a significant reason all the clubs shifting to The Ridge.
Ive never rode/drove The Ridge so I cant opine if its a better or worse facility or experience. Id like to (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)

EDIT: Andrew that isn't an "OPEN" track day. You still have to have a race lic or have passed their school ($500)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
piscean914
post Feb 24 2017, 07:04 PM
Post #8

hey guys - thanks for the interest!!! - i'm trying to connect again with don - in the meantime, i just received an email today from the local alfa club stating there will be a High performance lapping day on sat, 3/11/17, from noon to 5 pm - the event is posted on motorsports.reg -

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/nwarc-...g-events-518636

i have signed up and i hope to be there in my 914 - i sent an email to the alfa club to see if passengers will be allowed - that's it for now - hope to see you there!

brad k
+Quote Post
jim_hoyland
post Feb 24 2017, 09:41 PM
Post #9

Get that VIN ?

Member No.: 643
Region Association: Southern California

Perhaps the Green One will make a Showing... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Feb 25 2017, 10:58 AM
Post #10

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Can we just show up and hang for awhile on the 11th?
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Feb 26 2017, 10:42 AM
Post #11

QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Jan 23 2017, 03:55 PM) *

I disagree Mike there are easily 25 running 914's in the greater PNW. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sunglasses.gif)
Of the all the cars that Hines "exported" half of them were in-op (IMG:style_emoticons/default/whistle[1].gif)
Bigger question is, if you could find 25 (or more) that were prepared to pony
up the $ and muster up the (IMG:style_emoticons/default/squirrel.gif) to run on a big track.
Brad I commend your effort since I too really enjoy Pacific Raceway (SIR).
I cut my teeth road racing motorcycles on SIR beginning in 86 continuing till about 04.
I also earned my SOVREN race lic. there in my 914 at Kitches school.
Whats funny is back in 05 I think, it was when Seattle was hosting the WCR, I worked out a similar deal with Don as part of our driving event which wasnt that easy given that is the prime track access season, but the organizing group decided to drive out to Port Gamble instead. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif)
PIR is a bore compared to PRW(SIR). Delta park is a State owned facility so its maintained where that has been a sore point in Kent & a significant reason all the clubs shifted to The Ridge.
Ive never rode/drove The Ridge so I cant opine if its a better or worse facility or experience. Id like to (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)

EDIT: Andrew that isn't an "OPEN" track day. You still have to have a race lic or have passed their school ($500)

I don't recall that pri vs pt gamble deal at all. Keeping an event affordable is somewhat important. IIRC Ferry fares were included as was everything else except fuel. Why would forcing the extra track cost on all participants be a good thing?
+Quote Post
PanelBilly
post Feb 26 2017, 10:48 AM
Post #12

914 Guru

Member No.: 6,488

There's. New guy working the Pacific Raceway marketing. He was at a business networking meeting last week that my wife attended. He plans to use more of the $ from advertising to improve the track. I hope he's successful.
+Quote Post
sixnotfour
post Feb 26 2017, 11:53 AM
Post #13

914 Wizard

Member No.: 2,744
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

did the below ever get started ??

Local track is racing to build Pacific Raceway Center
Originally published January 31, 2016 at 1:00 am | Updated March 30, 2016 at 2:38 pm
+Quote Post
914werke
post Feb 26 2017, 02:27 PM
Post #14

"I got blisters on me fingers"

Member No.: 453

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Feb 26 2017, 09:53 AM) *
did the below ever get started ??
"Local track is racing to build Pacific Raceway Center"
Originally published January 31, 2016 at 1:00 am | Updated March 30, 2016 at 2:38 pm
(Fantasy) Link
A fool & his money ..?
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Feb 26 2017, 10:56 PM
Post #15

Hear the races in your new big house on Sunday, sue on Monday.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:50 AM