Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Matt Farrah Drives a 914, Nice video
TheCabinetmaker
post Jan 24 2017, 08:11 AM
Post #21

I drive my car everyday

Group: Members
Member No.: 666

I learned to drive in a 53 beetle. Shifting in a 914 was easy
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
horizontally-opposed
post Jan 24 2017, 11:05 AM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058
Region Association: None

Matt may come off a lot of different ways on video, and I didn't know what to expect when I did a trip overseas with him, but it turns out he's absolutely a give-you-the-shirt-off-his-back kind of guy. When my video camera didn't work, he set me—a perfect stranger—up with a camera, mount, and card from his own kit. Couldn't have been nicer about it, or more genuine.

And he definitely knows how to drive a stick. Every 901 I've driven is a different acquired taste (of course, I feel mine shifts great!), but my suspicion is that car's bushings are toast, and/or its linkage could use a bit of adjustment. The carbs at those altitudes didn't help, adding pressure to master what probably felt like an already delicate shifter.

Sure is a pretty car, however, and I'll give Matt a lot of credit for "getting" the 914, and looking past the shifter and carb issues to praise the balance of the car.
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Jan 24 2017, 02:20 PM
Post #23

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,489
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Jan 24 2017, 09:05 AM) *

Matt may come off a lot of different ways on video, and I didn't know what to expect when I did a trip overseas with him, but it turns out he's absolutely a give-you-the-shirt-off-his-back kind of guy. When my video camera didn't work, he set me—a perfect stranger—up with a camera, mount, and card from his own kit. Couldn't have been nicer about it, or more genuine.

And he definitely knows how to drive a stick. Every 901 I've driven is a different acquired taste (of course, I feel mine shifts great!), but my suspicion is that car's bushings are toast, and/or its linkage could use a bit of adjustment. The carbs at those altitudes didn't help, adding pressure to master what probably felt like an already delicate shifter.

Sure is a pretty car, however, and I'll give Matt a lot of credit for "getting" the 914, and looking past the shifter and carb issues to praise the balance of the car.

Not to flame the guy again or pile on, but why does he post judgement on the 914 when he goes to drive one that is hacked up and not an example of one that is set up right or running well? That's what I don't understand.

Why not drive a 2.0 with D-jet at 5000 ft. that has been restored? There are plenty of fine examples as originally set up around the LA area.

A "hot cam"...who knows what that means....even the owner doesn't know.

Maybe he is aiming his writing at a different audience. It is certainly not the audience here.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 09:16 AM