Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Need help with 1974 LE correct colors, and paint scheme.
daytona
post Feb 4 2017, 07:42 AM
Post #21

daytona

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,249
Region Association: South East States

Hi guys,
Thanks for the comments and suggestions.
I fully understand that this car has been modified to the point of impractical return to a stock LE configuration. The car was modified long ago and will remain that way. I have wanted a 6 conversion for a while and now I have this one. I can't wait to drive it with the new 3.0L in it. The fact that it is an LE is just a subtle bonus that may not mean anything to anyone else.
I have no illusions of this car being worth more because of the LE paint job. My idea of returning it to the creamsicle paint scheme was 1. because I like it, 2 because it was the original paint scheme of the car (like an homage to the original LE), and 3 cause I thought it would look cool on a flared car. Plus someone early on suggested the name screamsicle that I liked.
Had this car been an unmodified LE I would return it to full stock configuration, but as all can see the car has been modified a bunch.
My goal now is to make it as good as it can be. A safe and enjoyable to drive Scremsicle.
Although I have to say that a friend is trying to convince me that a Martini theme paint job would be very cool. I am listening, the car has not been painted yet...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 03:27 AM