Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

26 Pages V « < 10 11 12 13 14 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My 73 Suby drivetrain conversion upgrade!, Added a quick video on page 25
cali914
post Jan 30 2019, 09:40 AM
Post #221

cali914

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,934
Region Association: Northern California

Very Nice
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mgp4591
post Jan 30 2019, 02:51 PM
Post #222

914 Guru

Member No.: 14,748
Region Association: Intermountain Region

Yeah, Jamie's been a little busy as of late....
Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
76-914
post Jan 30 2019, 06:46 PM
Post #223

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

He's taking dancing lessons? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Congrat's Jaime.
+Quote Post
JRust
post Jan 30 2019, 11:00 PM
Post #224

914 Guru

Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Jan 30 2019, 12:51 PM) *

Yeah, Jamie's been a little busy as of late....
Attached Image

Yes that is my daughter at her wedding reception before some (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif) makes some crack about robbing the cradle (IMG:style_emoticons/default/evilgrin.gif) . That daddy daughter dance is a rough one at your daughters wedding (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hissyfit.gif)
+Quote Post
mgp4591
post Jan 31 2019, 01:49 AM
Post #225

914 Guru

Member No.: 14,748
Region Association: Intermountain Region

Sorry Jamie - I didn't think about that! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post
JRust
post Jan 31 2019, 10:18 PM
Post #226

914 Guru

Saw a post on FB from Andy who found this radiator. Radiator

This is super short at about 8 1/2 inches & only 28 1/2 Inches wide. Should be able to get more of the front trunk back by pushing this much closer to the front. I'll start playing with it when I get my car back in my garage. Anyway there is the link if any of you want to give it a shot as well
+Quote Post
flmont
post Jan 31 2019, 10:48 PM
Post #227

Member No.: 9,676
Region Association: Southwest Region

Congratulations on your Daughters wedding !! that's yet another milestone LOL
+Quote Post
Costa05
post Feb 1 2019, 11:51 AM
Post #228

Member No.: 20,535
Region Association: Southwest Region

Thats awesome! Congrats. Hmmmm time to get back to the 914 build???
+Quote Post
Chris H.
post Feb 1 2019, 06:29 PM
Post #229

Member No.: 73
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(JRust @ Jan 31 2019, 10:18 PM) *

This is super short at about 8 1/2 inches & only 28 1/2 Inches wide. Should be able to get more of the front trunk back by pushing this much closer to the front. I'll start playing with it when I get my car back in my garage. Anyway there is the link if any of you want to give it a shot as well

Congrats Jamie!

FYI I've been eyeing that rad for a couple of years. We had a discussion about it in my build thread. The measurements you have are the core size. It's wider than 28.5. I think Stephen bought the larger volume one and it was just a bit too wide to fit between the headlight buckets. You can always try it and return it if it doesn't fit. Just thought you should know since there is probably a 30 day return policy. I HOPE it fits! Keep us posted!
+Quote Post
Andyrew
post Feb 1 2019, 09:19 PM
Post #230

Spooling.... Please wait

Member No.: 172
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(JRust @ Jan 31 2019, 08:18 PM) *

I think this would be perfect for the small displacement 6s,4s and possibly the turbo 4s.
+Quote Post
JRust
post Feb 1 2019, 10:27 PM
Post #231

914 Guru

QUOTE(Chris H. @ Feb 1 2019, 04:29 PM) *

Congrats Jamie!

FYI I've been eyeing that rad for a couple of years. We had a discussion about it in my build thread. The measurements you have are the core size. It's wider than 28.5. I think Stephen bought the larger volume one and it was just a bit too wide to fit between the headlight buckets. You can always try it and return it if it doesn't fit. Just thought you should know since there is probably a 30 day return policy. I HOPE it fits! Keep us posted!

Hey Chris I don't remember that discussion. Must have missed it on your thread. I'm not going to go back to read the whole thing again though. LOL! I like the idea of trying to put this outside the trunk or maybe through the front somehow. Have a little thicker bumper to house it maybe? I don't know just one of the things I've been kicking around radiator wise. Not like I really want to screw with my setup that much when I get back. I just need to drive my damn car again. Been damn near 2 years since I last drive it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
Chris H.
post Feb 2 2019, 09:05 AM
Post #232

QUOTE(JRust @ Feb 1 2019, 10:27 PM) *

[
Hey Chris I don't remember that discussion. Must have missed it on your thread. I'm not going to go back to read the whole thing again though. LOL! I like the idea of trying to put this outside the trunk or maybe through the front somehow. Have a little thicker bumper to house it maybe? I don't know just one of the things I've been kicking around radiator wise. Not like I really want to screw with my setup that much when I get back. I just need to drive my damn car again. Been damn near 2 years since I last drive it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

LOL! Wait...so you don't monitor my stagnant build thread every day??? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) The short version is...as usual I waffled back and forth on it. Stephen went for it immediately and bought the larger capacity one. It looked like it was just a HAIR (maybe a an inch or so) too wide IIRC. Andrew and I thought maybe the headlight buckets could be notched. Stephen was planning to angle it backwards so it fit. I asked a couple eBay sellers to go and measure the smaller capacity rad and they were coming up 30 1/2 inches, which would be perfect.

Here's a link to the page the discussion is on (44):

Rad Info

I agree the ideal rad would be one that goes outside the body of the car or one that would stand straight up in the opening. Problem is seems like the bumper would have to be very thick like an IMSA style or similar. Maybe we could just hang the thing out front PROUDLY like the youngsters do with oil coolers...

Attached Image

You'll be driving it soon!
+Quote Post
JRust
post Feb 2 2019, 12:36 PM
Post #233

914 Guru

Hey Chris I saw one suby for sale in Utah where the guy literally just had the radiator sitting in front of the bumper. Was totally fugly but worked. Got me thinking maybe a fiberglass bumper that was a little thicker. I first though of the IMSA one as well. I really don't mind it but would really like something closer to stock. Just with another 2" of depth. Just another spitballing of radiator options that will probably never happen. LOL!

I looked at your link & yep that is the exact radiator I bought. Was only $185 so even if I never do anything. I'm not out any serious money
+Quote Post
Chris H.
post Feb 2 2019, 11:13 PM
Post #234

Yeah I'm with you on that idea but can't quite envision exactly how pull it off. The bumper would probably have to stick out pretty far to allow for fans and some space for air to flow. Probably have to mount the rad and then build the bumper over it.

On the Alpine rad, it just MIGHT fit between the headlight buckets. If not you could angle it for sure (either direction). Can't wait to hear if it fits...would be the perfect size if so.
+Quote Post
JRust
post Feb 4 2019, 08:46 PM
Post #235

914 Guru

Had some good news. Have had trouble getting a hold of Outfront about my tune. In trying to find a tuner who works with the Stinger ECU. I was also having issues. Closest one I found I did not hear good things about. Tried calling Outfront again & didn't get anywhere. Finally emailed & made some progress. I just need to get them all my specs & my current tune. They are going to send me a new tune for a mere $150. My wrench is going to get all the specs & get them sent. This will be a huge help as my wrench didn't want to start my car until we were at a Dyno to get it tuned. Which as I said was a struggle to find. Anyway this was great news as we'll get an updated Tune & I should be starting my car int he next 2 weeks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
+Quote Post
76-914
post Feb 4 2019, 09:58 PM
Post #236

That's good to hear. So enough Garage time. Lets see that thing at some events. We need to swap keys one time Jamie. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
JRust
post Feb 5 2019, 03:23 PM
Post #237

914 Guru

QUOTE(76-914 @ Feb 4 2019, 07:58 PM) *

That's good to hear. So enough Garage time. Lets see that thing at some events. We need to swap keys one time Jamie. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

I will gladly swap keys with you Ken. I really hope to figure a way to make Route 66 after my daughters graduation. It is on the 12th in Rexburg Idaho. Unfortunately it isn't until early evening. Checked on some flights out but nothing late that night or early Saturday that are close & reasonable enough to make sense. If only I was loaded & had my own private plane (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) . Anyhow still seeing if I can figure something out there. Still need to have my car back & feel comfortable on such a long trip. I've got to be in Vegas for Work the end of March. Was thinking of driving down for that & leaving my car with Chris or Toast for a week. Then flying back to hit Route 66. Would split my drive up some as well. Pretty long odds I can make it work. Kind of putting the cart before the horse anyway. I just need to get my damn car back & drive it. Weather here isn't to great for that anyway.
+Quote Post
76-914
post May 3 2019, 05:17 PM
Post #238

@JRust Any updates? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
JRust
post May 3 2019, 09:28 PM
Post #239

914 Guru

Fortuitous bump Kent. I'll be picking it up from the shop next week. Still not running. My Stinger ECU is at Outfront getting re-tuned for all my changes. Stuff left to do

1. I'll be installing dual 6" fans on my intercooler. With it being at the top of the engine bay against the firewall. I really need to force some air through. I will probably change to an air to water intercooler later.
2. Need to finish my clutch MC install. Its in place but my hole I drilled was a bit off. Need to dremel out one side. I'll be pulling my gas tank to run lines for my reservoir. Plus need to pull my AC set in the fresh air to paint it. Mark built it for me but never painter it. So has a little surface rust on it. Plus I gave up on making AC work with my turbo setup. Another genius move on my part pulling my working heat for A/C (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) .
3. bleed both clutch & brakes
4. Fluids all around
5. Plus in my ECU & start the phucker
+Quote Post
76-914
post May 4 2019, 08:14 AM
Post #240

QUOTE(JRust @ May 3 2019, 08:28 PM) *

Fortuitous bump Kent. I'll be picking it up from the shop next week. Still not running. My Stinger ECU is at Outfront getting re-tuned for all my changes. Stuff left to do

1. I'll be installing dual 6" fans on my intercooler. With it being at the top of the engine bay against the firewall. I really need to force some air through. I will probably change to an air to water intercooler later.
2. Need to finish my clutch MC install. Its in place but my hole I drilled was a bit off. Need to dremel out one side. I'll be pulling my gas tank to run lines for my reservoir. Plus need to pull my AC set in the fresh air to paint it. Mark built it for me but never painter it. So has a little surface rust on it. Plus I gave up on making AC work with my turbo setup. Another genius move on my part pulling my working heat for A/C (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) .
3. bleed both clutch & brakes
4. Fluids all around
5. Plus in my ECU & start the phucker

Wait a second. You have the AC parts but can't use them now????
+Quote Post

26 Pages V « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:54 AM