Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The skidpad scrubs your tank clean, ugg
TravisNeff
post May 1 2005, 11:27 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 447
Region Association: Southwest Region

Well as I said before, I was having fuel delivery problems comming back from WCC, we replaced the fuel filter and the car wouldn't even make it out of the parking lot. Towed it home. I thought I had a failing fuel pump.

I put 2 other pumps in the car, the first was a leaker and had to use another. This one worked, but I see that brand new fuel filter that has only been in the car running for about 5 minutes. That thing was full of crap. Must have been the skidpad, I was sloshing fuel out the filler neck and I think that scrubbed the top of the tank free of debris.

So, I drained out the tank and I am going to swap gas tanks from the other car, had that one boiled out a year or so ago - while I am at it move the fuel pump up front. Replace the fuel lines, weld in sway bar reinforcments and since the lines will be out of the tunnel, weld in my engman kit.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
markb
post May 2 2005, 12:13 AM
Post #2

914less :(

Group: Members
Member No.: 180
Region Association: Central California

Sounds like you got a plan. Go for it! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 06:01 PM