Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914 measurements-how accurate do I need to be
amfab
post Feb 12 2017, 09:52 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,004
Region Association: None

After some minor welding, I wanted to check the car’s level and dimensions again. I hung the doors, made a couple of jack stand adjustments, and everything looks pretty good.
I measured key dimensions and I am wondering how precise I need to be.

I measured:
  • -Between roll bar and windshield flange (f) and both sides are on the factory dimensions within less than 1/32nd of an inch.
  • -Diagonal distance across roof opening (x) measured between outer corner of roll bar and inner edge of roof on opposite side—both are right on the factory dimensions within less than 32nd of an inch.
  • -Diagonal distance across passenger compartment (y) measured between outer corner of roll bar and outer edge of lower hole for hinge—again, right on the factory dimensions within less than a 32nd of an inch.

These measurements are essentially dead on. I think the inaccuracy is probably because of my measuring ability.

I also measured between the hinge and door lock pillars (h). These are a little big. They are about 3/64 of an inch more than the factory dimensions, but they are the same on each side.

With all the other dimensions being so accurate and the doors looking pretty good, I am wondering if I am being too worried about the precision of this.

Or am I?

Are these numbers pretty good for a car made in the 70s?

Thanks,

-Andrew

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 05:59 PM