Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Very nice Panorama 914 spread...
falcor75
post Feb 21 2017, 05:54 AM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,176
Region Association: Scandinavia

Nice car and a good story.

Building the car -You- want is all that matters in the end.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dhm
post Feb 21 2017, 07:06 AM
Post #42

Member No.: 15,853
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Your positive reactions/comments are validating and very much appreciated. Someone asked about WEVO. Yes, we sourced Patrick Motorsports for transmission and exhaust components (as well as other bits and pieces) and WEVO was used. Elephant Racing provided some of the suspension parts. As with any project like this, re-fabrication and modification was frequently necessary.
I mentioned some of the vendors/suppliers involved in my piece; however, their names bear repeating: Harvey Weidman (Weidman Wheels), Stefan Schleissing (GTS Classic Seats) 914 Rubber, 914 LTD to name a few.
Then, of course, the two shops who did the heavy lifting: Dean and Dave at Fabson Engineering, and Dave at Paintwerks.
Nick Berard photographed the car. I've worked with some very good photographers... Michael Alan Ross, Clint Davis, Bob Chapman, and I rank Nick among the best. We have other project planned.
More photos? Well, of the hundreds that were taken that day, Richard Baron, the Art/Layout Director of Pano chose what he considered the best. I do have a few favorites that ended on the cutting room floor...
I also wanted to mention Pete Stout, a fellow 914-6 guy (and a GT4 guy) who encouraged me at the very start of my project, and while at Pano, made some editorial suggestions.
Again...thank you.
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Feb 21 2017, 07:42 PM
Post #43

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/assimilate.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
whitetwinturbo
post Feb 24 2017, 11:48 AM
Post #44

Honey, does this wing make my ass look fat?

Member No.: 13,704
Region Association: Southern California

Everyone knows yellow cars are faster................... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/KMA.gif)
+Quote Post
carlsol
post Feb 27 2017, 12:25 PM
Post #45

Member No.: 18,283
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(dhm @ Feb 19 2017, 11:38 AM) *

I'm the guy with the car.
During the course of my 'membership' in 914World, I've personally met a few of you, purchased parts from a couple of vendors, contacted certain members with specific questions, and occasionally...very occasionally posted.
What I've learned is a universal truth: opinions are like belly buttons, each of us has a different one.
This 914 was my very first Porsche. It stranded me on the side of the road 15 miles from my point of purchase--vapor lock. The donor Carrera was the last old Porsche that found its way into my garage. It was also the first car I wrote about. Pete published my '20-Footer' in the December 2011 issue of excellence mag.
Transformation was completely and absolutely a personal choice. I wish that I had the talent, the vision, and the time to have done the conversion myself. I do not. Therefore, I sought out the best craftsmen in my area to do the work and paid the bills.
My 914-6 conversion is exactly what I wanted. No compromise. I was able to do it; consequently, I did it. Those who have seen my car, for the most part, like it. Others tell me I should have done this or that. I smile and dismiss those comments. It's my car.
Nor did I enter this project with the thought of selling the car when the transformation was complete. I knew from the start that I would never sell the car for the cost of the conversion. That's okay with me. That was always okay with me. My youngest son loves the car, was with me during the photo shoot, and will likely end up with it when I am too old to squeeze behind the steering wheel.
Another thing I enjoy doing is writing. It was natural, therefore, to combine both my love of that old Porsche with the love of writing.
So, there you have it. Post your questions/comments if you want. If I can answer or clarify something, I will.
And yes...the sound of the 3.2l is awesome.

Dave
You wrote the article in Excellence about my 914-6 conversion, i.e., Green Machine. I understand what you are saying, it's my car. Enjoy it!
les
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 06:17 AM