Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Got 16" Fuchs in 6 and 7s, will they fit?
RickS
post Feb 20 2017, 09:47 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,880
Region Association: None

From my 82 SC I have a set of wheels and want to know if they would work on a teener with slightly flared rear fenders without using massive negative camber. The 914 is lowered and currently is on 15s, 6 and 7s.

Most importantly, what size tires?

Would like to mount BFG Comp T/As

Much grass
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
DRPHIL914
post Feb 23 2017, 07:06 AM
Post #2

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

I'm going to say yes and no, not necessarily!- the 16x7" fuchs rubbed on mine and caused blistering of the paint on the fender!! - depends on the car-
I have 205/55-16 on front and rear- now, the fronts are 6^ and rears are 7" - but for our cars the proper diameter for the speedo is 205/50-16
since you already have 7" on rear of car with your 15" rims your 16" may fit , even after having fenders massaged to get the 7" to fit, its so tight, before I fix and repaint I will be going back to 6" rims, with spacer, - you see the 7" rims come out a whole inch further, the back space is same as the 6's, - if they were lets say a half inch less on outside and half more in, they would be perfect. but that is not the backset for the early staggerd 911 fuchs wheels. - but like I said, it varies from car to car, so good luck!!!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
lonewolfe
post Feb 23 2017, 03:49 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 13,549
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Philip W. @ Feb 23 2017, 05:06 AM) *

I'm going to say yes and no, not necessarily!- the 16x7" fuchs rubbed on mine and caused blistering of the paint on the fender!! - depends on the car-
I have 205/55-16 on front and rear- now, the fronts are 6^ and rears are 7" - but for our cars the proper diameter for the speedo is 205/50-16
since you already have 7" on rear of car with your 15" rims your 16" may fit , even after having fenders massaged to get the 7" to fit, its so tight, before I fix and repaint I will be going back to 6" rims, with spacer, - you see the 7" rims come out a whole inch further, the back space is same as the 6's, - if they were lets say a half inch less on outside and half more in, they would be perfect. but that is not the backset for the early staggerd 911 fuchs wheels. - but like I said, it varies from car to car, so good luck!!!

I'm curious if you tried fitment of your front 6" wheels with those tires in the back of your car? If so, did that fit in the back without rubbing?
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 10:20 AM