Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Changing US spec indicators to Euro style
cal914
post Feb 23 2017, 08:43 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,366
Region Association: None

I'm converting our side lights to Euro style with the indicator on the bottom , I've got the parts to do this but don't know how to do it .There's 2 wires 1 longer than the other could some one give me an idea as to where they go
Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jmill
post Feb 23 2017, 10:27 AM
Post #2

Green Hornet

Member No.: 9,038
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Search is your friend. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)

I did a search and a ton of threads popped up. I'm not sure exactly what you need so you can bomb through them and find what you're looking for.

I typed in "Euro indicator" and then clicked "Titles only"

Maybe this? http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=euro+indicator
+Quote Post
porschetub
post Feb 23 2017, 12:36 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18,995
Region Association: None

QUOTE(cal914 @ Feb 24 2017, 03:43 AM) *

I'm converting our side lights to Euro style with the indicator on the bottom , I've got the parts to do this but don't know how to do it .There's 2 wires 1 longer than the other could some one give me an idea as to where they go
Thanks

What parts or kit do you have ?,the long wire usually piggybacks on to the indicator connection of the upper dual filament lamp,if you have the plastic lamp holders the second short wire with go to earth (ground).
I ditched my plastic bodied ones due to poor performance and purchased handmade metal ones from member martin baker,really well made,these don't have an earth connection as they get it from the light body.
Attached Image

+Quote Post
coupelover
post Feb 23 2017, 01:30 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 17,952
Region Association: South East States

I just converted to euro front signals. The long wire gets added to the ground plug on the back of the socket. Then find out which of the two remaining plugs controls the parking light (the other plug is the turn signal). Disconnect that from the back socket (since you don't want the top bulb to operate in that mode) and connect that wire directly to the short wire of the new bulb. I like the metal holder, better than the plastic ones I use.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:19 PM