Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Best Vendor experiences?
mtndawg
post Feb 23 2017, 05:08 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,985
Region Association: None

What has been your best vendor experience?

I've had many...

PMB phone discussion (they called me while redoing my brakes) to discuss my exact need and inquired about how I use my car to ensure I have the best braking solution.

Pelican Parts order conversations with people who know and care about cars.

The owner at Tangerine Racing called me once when I ordered 2 window cranks to tell me that he only had one in stock. When he had he 2nd one he overnighted it to me without additional shipping.

914Rubber, they are awesome! They actually make parts when people need them.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Feb 23 2017, 05:41 PM
Post #2

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348

PMB A+
Get all my brake stuff there. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)
+Quote Post
JP3
post Feb 23 2017, 06:38 PM
Post #3

Jerry

Member No.: 19,035

914 Rubber A+
+Quote Post
TM_Corey
post Feb 23 2017, 06:50 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 19,809
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I bought a set of bumperettes from 914Rubber and then decided to do a delete on them. It had been 2-3 weeks since I bought them so I didn't feel right asking to send them back. I put them in the classifieds and soon got an email from Mark at 914Rubber saying to just send them back. He is sending me a full refund.

Above and beyond.

+Quote Post
Amphicar770
post Feb 23 2017, 07:04 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 11,639
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

+1 on all three of those.

Chris at Tangerine makes extreme quality products and the "tech support" is top notch.

True measure of a vendor is how they handle problems. Eric at PMP is the only place to have your brakes done. I did run into a problem with one caliper. No questions asked, they sent a replacement right out.

914rubber fills a unique niche of creating formerly unobtanium parts and does so with high quality at low prices.

In terms of mainstream vendors I increasingly use FCPEuro. Good prices, fast delivery, and a lifetime warranty on everything (even wiper blades).

+Quote Post
914_teener
post Feb 23 2017, 07:48 PM
Post #6

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,489
Region Association: Southern California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

I.d add to that Jeff Bowlsby.
+Quote Post
tygaboy
post Feb 23 2017, 08:05 PM
Post #7

914 Guru

Member No.: 19,241
Region Association: Northern California

And let's not forget bdstone914. He's a triple threat:
1. Fast turnaround
2. Super high quality
3. Great value
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

And I can't say enough about Chris Foley/Tangerine Racing. Just read my build log. I think I've done enough business with him to support a kitchen remodel! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Feb 23 2017, 08:50 PM
Post #8

bdstone914

Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE(tygaboy @ Feb 23 2017, 08:05 PM) *

1. Fast turnaround
2. Super high quality
3. Great value
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

And I can't say enough about Chris Foley/Tangerine Racing. Just read my build log. I think I've done enough business with him to support a kitchen remodel! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

Thank you.
Bruce
+Quote Post
turnaround89
post Feb 23 2017, 08:50 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 9,067
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Just bought a full set of gauges from speedhut. Customer service was amazing. I wanted to change my order and they responded within an hour about how they already changed it. Great company and the gauges are flawless

As always a huge thanks to bdstone, 914rubber, and pelican. I've never had any bad experiences with them.
+Quote Post
914forme
post Feb 23 2017, 09:56 PM
Post #10

Times a wastin', get wrenchin'!

Member No.: 2,388

QUOTE(tygaboy @ Feb 23 2017, 09:05 PM) *

1. Fast turnaround
2. Super high quality
3. Great value

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) so many times it is not even funny, but he makes the best stuff around, and backs his stuff up. He even caught an issue with a set of camber boxes, when I did not get back to him fast enough, Chris looked in my build thread. Sent me an e-mail and said I had the issue, offered to fix it. I said send me the measurements, as I can weld and drill / mill. Chris sent me the drawings, not the drawing of the fix, no the drawing for camber box. That is trust!

And Mark answers all my questions including my request today for a part, turn around time 2-3 weeks.

And then I have had great luck with Paragon Products. Who calls to keep up with my odd suspension requests.

And then there is Jwest engineering - always great service.

Subaru Gears, - awesome stuff, and great service even from half way across the world.

And LN engineering - can't say enough, top notch support.

+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Feb 23 2017, 10:40 PM
Post #11

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

Cool story that I've not shared here on the forum but have told several people about it,
It involved 4 vendors and a friend who all went above and beyond to get me some parts from west coast to east coast.
It was a couple years ago when Eric at PMB was putting together the 5 lug conversion group buy for our cars . I decided that since it all had to come off I would order newly re powder coated trailing arms and a-arms, but needed new busings bearings and all that jazz.
Enter in Bruce Stone- I got the powder coated parts from him, but I needed to get the bearings and hubs put in, and was going to ship all this stuff to Eric Shea.
Eric says he is going to CA for swap meet and would be there so he would pick up all jy stuff from Bruce, which he did, then took all that with him back to Utah-
But wait, it gets better! I was planning on going to Hershey Pennsylvania for the swap meet there and Eric was coming all the way across the country from Utah as well so he offers to bring all these parts for me to Hershey where I would pick them up but as it turns out due to work schedule conflicts I could not make it to Hershey so Eric gives these parts to Scotty B who is going to be there as well . Scotty lives in Richmond Virginia and my friend Bill H 1633 here on the site who lives in Orangeburg South Carolina about an hour for me , was just going up to Scotty's to pick up one of his cars that was getting finished at that time , so my parts went from Bruce Stone in California to Eric Shea in Utah, then to Hershey where Scotty takes them South , & Bill brings them and I picked them up on my way by the next week while traveling up to Columbia!

I have great stories from all vendors here , 914 rubber and Chris Foley - But this story involved all these guys going way out of their way for a fellow teener owner , and are why I can drive my car today with new brakes, suspension , 5 lug conversion etc!!
Thanks Bruce , Eric, Scotty, Bill, Chris, Mark, !,,!!
Many thanks!
+Quote Post
Steve
post Feb 23 2017, 10:51 PM
Post #12

914 Guru

Member No.: 822

1. Chris Foley at Tangerine Racing. Awesome parts, service and advice. He also took the time out to hand make me a special shift rod for my custom 916 trans.

2. Pelican website is amazing. Talk about over communicating. I get an email for every step of the transaction. Only had to talk to a human there once on a return and service was amazing.

3. Bdstone914. Great guy, great service, down to earth prices on 914 parts and pedals

4. Rich Johnson Great products and service. I have most of his stuff on my car.

5. Patrick Motor Sports. love his shop and parts. Jim always took the time out to help me with advice on my car, even though I wasn't the biggest spender there. He builds some amazing cars for people with very deep pockets.
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Feb 23 2017, 11:12 PM
Post #13

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104

QUOTE(914_teener @ Feb 23 2017, 05:48 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

I.d add to that Jeff Bowlsby.

Thanks! Nice to be thought of in the same breath as these dedicated 914 gentlemen.

I would add Brad Mayeur, Perry Kiehl and Mark DeBernardi to the recommendations
+Quote Post
matthepcat
post Feb 23 2017, 11:37 PM
Post #14

Meat Popsicle

Member No.: 11,125
Region Association: Northern California

I have had wonderful experiences with all active vendors on this site. Above and beyond made it right if any mistakes happened (even if when it was my fault). Really it's the community here that keeps me coming back to 914's.
+Quote Post
Blue6
post Feb 24 2017, 12:07 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 16,470

QUOTE(Philip W. @ Feb 23 2017, 08:40 PM) *

Cool story that I've not shared here on the forum but have told several people about it,
It involved 4 vendors and a friend who all went above and beyond to get me some parts from west coast to east coast.
It was a couple years ago when Eric at PMB was putting together the 5 lug conversion group buy for our cars . I decided that since it all had to come off I would order newly re powder coated trailing arms and a-arms, but needed new busings bearings and all that jazz.
Enter in Bruce Stone- I got the powder coated parts from him, but I needed to get the bearings and hubs put in, and was going to ship all this stuff to Eric Shea.
Eric says he is going to CA for swap meet and would be there so he would pick up all jy stuff from Bruce, which he did, then took all that with him back to Utah-
But wait, it gets better! I was planning on going to Hershey Pennsylvania for the swap meet there and Eric was coming all the way across the country from Utah as well so he offers to bring all these parts for me to Hershey where I would pick them up but as it turns out due to work schedule conflicts I could not make it to Hershey so Eric gives these parts to Scotty B who is going to be there as well . Scotty lives in Richmond Virginia and my friend Bill H 1633 here on the site who lives in Orangeburg South Carolina about an hour for me , was just going up to Scotty's to pick up one of his cars that was getting finished at that time , so my parts went from Bruce Stone in California to Eric Shea in Utah, then to Hershey where Scotty takes them South , & Bill brings them and I picked them up on my way by the next week while traveling up to Columbia!

I have great stories from all vendors here , 914 rubber and Chris Foley - But this story involved all these guys going way out of their way for a fellow teener owner , and are why I can drive my car today with new brakes, suspension , 5 lug conversion etc!!
Thanks Bruce , Eric, Scotty, Bill, Chris, Mark, !,,!!
Many thanks!

Wel said Dr. Phil...This site, community, and vendors, have made 914 life a lot easier. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Feb 24 2017, 03:40 PM
Post #16

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348

All in all, those that are here and supporting the community will be the best vendors. I would go as far as to say there have been many transactions in the classifieds that are from stand up members. I often refer those looking for parts I don't have to the classifieds (and to the site if not familiar). This is a community effort, I would say the one we should all thank is Andy! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)
+Quote Post
jim_hoyland
post Feb 24 2017, 04:19 PM
Post #17

Get that VIN ?

Member No.: 643

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) All of the above are terrific; I'd like to add Clint Smith at Rebel Racing. Good customer service and assisted me in getting all the right parts for my new shocks/springs. Good/fast shipping and at his reduced cost.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:52 AM