Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bumper top
sofi2t81
post Feb 27 2017, 04:51 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,458
Region Association: Germany

Hello all,

I have a question regarding bumper tops.
I need new ones, front is worse than the back.

Now I have several options.

1. By one out of Germany from Mittelmotor which is most likely from one of the sources mentioned below.

I will have a German warranty, I can reject or change it when its not ok, but its expensive.

I will be in the US in Summer and will visit some friends in TN. I can order a part to them and take it home with me as luggage

2. 914rubber. I have to order by mail what I did before without a problem. Fitment was sometimes an issue here in the forum.
What is the quality now?

3. Autoatlanta. I will drive by Marietta anyway because I will fly in and out of ATL. What I read here the part should be good in fitment and appearance.
I can look at the part in the shop before I buy it. I know their reputation here in the forum but all the things I bought out of their shop directly were ok. I do not know about mailorder.
Please let’s focus on the bumper tops here. :-)

Downside on both is that I can’t check the fitment at my car before in Germany and warranty will be interesting.

Does anybody know the source of the Mittelmotor part?
Has somebody a 1:1 comparison of the both parts?

Thanks and Regards

Peter
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Feb 27 2017, 10:32 AM
Post #2

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348
Region Association: None

Well,
Mine include greatly discounted (international domestic free) shipping and the new washers should help with fitment.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=304978&hl=
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Feb 27 2017, 10:42 AM
Post #3

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

For Peter & anyone else reading on here ...

I've seen both AA's & 914Rubber's & both are equally nice & spot on for looking like the original factory part in surface color & texture, fitment is good, with better materials & construction than the originals.

I had purchased a set of the Gen 1 F & R 914Rubber ones when they were the solid poly/rubber material without the SS stiffeners, & they look great & indistinguishable from the factory ones when mounted. I assume that the later 2nd or 3rd or whatever gen they are at now are the same.

The AA ones started with the SS stiffeners when they came out.

IMHO both vendors are good suppliers of much needed parts for our 914s, & IMHO both Mark W. & George H. are great guys & very helpful to 914 owners & our hobby ..... or addiction!

You should still be covered outside the US for parts from both vendors, & you can inspect them before taking them home in either case, so your return would be from the USA, & then you could try to get them to cover shipping to Germany if there were any defects/blemishes when you get there.

At AA you should be able to cherry pick from what they have in stock, which you could also do at 914Rubber if you're going to Oregon.

I also sent you a PM on this matter, but wanted to put some basic feedback here for anyone else wanting the same info.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:29 PM