Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I come bearing a gift!
r_towle
post Mar 14 2017, 09:50 PM
Post #21

Custom Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

Welcome.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
brubou
post Mar 25 2017, 12:10 PM
Post #22

Bruce Bouchard

Member No.: 19,716
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

This is probably the reason I have little to no heat coming into the car. Both sides looked like slinkies. New order for 914 Rubber!

Attached Image

I also noticed my rear brake valve has been replaced. I won a used one on ebay and I'll be shipping it off to PMB to have it rebuilt. Then at some point in the future, I'll be installing it back into the car.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
brubou
post Apr 25 2017, 12:33 PM
Post #23

Bruce Bouchard

Member No.: 19,716
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I'VE MOVED!!! I am now living in the great state of PA, Downingtown to be exact. I drove the 914 down, it ran great and gave me no troubles. If there are any locals that want to meet up for a coffee or go for a ride on the weekends, hit me up.

I lost my brake pedal after the car was sitting while I was waiting for the PA Antique Plate. I contacted the PO to get info on the somewhat newly installed master cylinder. He stated it was n.o.s. and suspected the rear caliper pad adjustment going out of spec from the long car ride from MA to PA. My plan of attack was to bleed the system first. That didn't work. I then removed the front and rear lines on the mc, and plugged the outlets to isolate it. It wasn't leaking fluid anywhere, and when the pedal was pressed it made a squishing sound. Repeated pumps would not build up pressure. I got another n.o.s. mc at Hershey (thank you Peter if you're on here!!!), installed it and it worked. So an internal failure on the mc? Old seals dried out while it was sitting on the shelf? It's been replaced and when 914Rubber releases their mc, I'll be buying one of those as a spare.
+Quote Post
GeorgeRud
post Apr 25 2017, 04:29 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,482
Region Association: Upper MidWest

There do seem to be some bad master cylinders out there ( both from URO and ATE). A member (mikey914?) is having some made in the USA that should prove more reliable.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:02 AM